Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,039   Online: 1240

Shooter
    35mm

new 35mm slr questions

i have recently obtained what i believe to be an argus stl 1000. at least that's what i've garnered just from the body of the camera. i've looked it up online to learn more about it, and it always comes up as "argus/cosina" and the pictures show that it says that on the camera. but mine merely says argus. i realize this could just be a different or earlier edition or some such, but that was something i was wondering about. but also (and mainly, actually) i was just wondering if anyone could give me any information they have on it. is it a good camera, etc. thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A number of cameras, often made by Cosina, Praktica and others, were re-badged in various ways by various importers/distributors.

They often have a screw mount or a Pentax K mount for the lens. "Good" is in the eye of the beholder, but if in decent working condition, they can certainly give very good results.
    Run some film through it and see if everything is working... You might like it! ;-)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    I had one once that just said "Argus" on it. It was heavy and rugged and it did the job. They were made by Cosina who made many good quality cameras.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Cosina still makes several great 35mm film cameras, including SLRs and rangefinders.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Rol_Lei said run a roll through it maybe a C-41 color at local one-hour place and see what happens. If it is OK then go from there!

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin