Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,228   Online: 803

Shooter
    Multi Format

Olympus RC Stuck Aperture Ring Help!

Was wondering if anyone has experience with Olympus RC servicing and repair.

I just got one this weekend, replaced the light seals and sanded and painted rust spots on the back cover. The only problem now is the aperture ring, It moves freely from flash sync to F8 but cannot go past it to F11-F22.

The aperture blades are snappy and easily close all the way down after tripping the shutter at any of the other aperture settings.

I have scoured online and looked at teardown images and instructions for other repairs on the RC body, but could not find one on aperture ring adjustment.

any advice would be appreciated!

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine was jamed too. It's the stop down level get caught. It's hard to explain. I fixed the aperture problem but in the process I damage to auto function. But it's ok I don't need autol
    I know the symton. the ring turn easily to f/8 and then stop. It's not a sticky situation where more force can make it moves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Mine was jamed too. It's the stop down level get caught. It's hard to explain. I fixed the aperture problem but in the process I damage to auto function. But it's ok I don't need autol
    I know the symton. the ring turn easily to f/8 and then stop. It's not a sticky situation where more force can make it moves.
    Yea your right, I Ive forced it a bit and it moves a lil to F11 but thats it. How did you fix it?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the camera in my other house where it's basically a decorating item. But I remembered that I removed the base plate and one side of the front cover. I could see where it jams.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I have the camera in my other house where it's basically a decorating item. But I remembered that I removed the base plate and one side of the front cover. I could see where it jams.
    Much thanks, I kinda went with it and took the baseplate off, and both sides of the front cover and discovered the problem!

It was a metal V shaped piece that got bent out of position and would block a plastic bushing connected to the aperture ring. After some prodding and bending it snapped back into place and voila! The aperture is easy settable to F11, F16, and F22!

While i was in there I resoldered a white wire to battery compartment holder, kinda melt the plastic a bit lol. found a rubber O ring for 675 Zinc oxide hearing battery as well. But the Auto aperture is still bust. Its ok I have a nice light meter anyway.

roll of film in, time for some shooting tomorrow!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin