Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,206   Online: 830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Film in hot weather

How long would film last in a hot car? The film canisters were starting to feel warm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would bring a small canister with ice.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I bring a little ice pack (of the sort you get for portable coolers) and put it in a plastic bag with my film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the film was already in the car. How long would it take for it to go bad?

Shooter
    35mm
    Depends on the temperature outside and what temperature the film is supposed to go up to. Ilford says anything upwards of 26 degrees celsius is less than optimal but realistically I have had film in well over 40 degrees C that was fine. Depends on time and temperature.

Shooter
    35mm
    My guess is that you're only going to get your answer when you develop it.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay. I should be good. It was only in there for a few hours.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I left an exposed roll of 35mm in my car last week, must have fallen out of my camera bag somehow. It was well over 110 both days, night time mid to
    high 80s. No fog from I can tell from just viewing the negatives, may show up when I print. I have left high speed film like TMAX 3200 for just a couple of hours at over 100 and got some fog. Color negative film also seems to fogs much more easliy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was living in Southern California, I left an unexposed roll of Koda Ektar in my car for two months in the glove compartment over the summer. Temps where I lived in Valencia, CA reached 95+ for month straight that year. I did not notice anything wrong with the final developed film when I got around to it in the fall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's just about how hot and how long... I used to shoot film all day in 90 degree heat full sun... kept some of the film in a cooler (not ICE COLD) just so it was not 100 F in the sun... some of the film got hot for shorter periods... then I sent it UPS to the lab... I think those brown trucks and warehouses get hot too... never any weird issues.

Now if you keep a roll of film in a camera in a hot car day in about out for the whole summer that IS a problem... and I have done that too... flat ugly prints is what you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin