Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,120   Online: 822

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lee"s Big stopper won't give you a color shift, but they are hard to come by as it is a small company.

what you are seeing is very common with ND filters.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goddess View Post
    Also remember that if you are using the ND filter in order to give long shutter speeds (>1 sec) the colours of your film will alter due to reciprocity failure. This is more likely the cause of the problem rather than the filter itself. To test my theory, shoot two exposures on a DSLR (one with the ND filter and one without) If the colours are the same then it's not the filter (remember to turn off AWB). If you don't have a DSLR, try and do the same test on your film camera but make sure the shutter speed stays below 1 second with the filter in place i.e. do it in bright light with a wide aperture and on fast film if necessary.
    E100G has a cyan color cast with very long exposures (over 120 seconds) and not a magenta one. I'd place the blame solely on the filter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I am so uncertain may get it when I am overseas and can test before paying...

I have a dSLR - the B+W 6 stop does have a warm cast, so does the 2 stop but slight. Yep, shot in daylight WB, not auto.

The one above linked in the picture is film shot well under reprocity limit and it was a 4 stop Hitech. Got a refund but they allowed me to keep the filter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin