Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,081   Online: 798

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    check out the lens reviews on www.dyxum.com if you haven't already. Everything you need to know about a-mount lenses is there.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 7000 is a good camera. Not too fast on the AF but a solid user. I have one with the 35-70 and love it. If you don't want to carry a bunch of lenses a Tamron 28-200 can be found fairly cheap. Not super sharp at the extremes but OK for everday shooting. The 7000, both lenses and an 8000i were about $100 on ebay about a year ago. Deals are out there for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    cyberspider, If you are still considering an adaptor for your Minolta lenses to fit your 7000, have a look at :
    www.srb-griturn.com (here in the UK) Sony Alpha camera body to use Minolta MD lens on it. which includes the Minolta; Konica Minolta AF cameras, SRB have such an adaptor with lens element, price £44-95. But if you search *bay I think you will find plenty Minolta AF lenses. Last year a friend bought a Minolta 7000 on *bay, with 2-3 lenses; flash, etc. for under £100. Apart from searching for lenses on their own, you can sometimes find a camera for sale with lenses included. Best of luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you for the link ill check it out im sending 3 rolls of film off to be developed at http://www.photo-express.co.uk/faq.php some here gave me there site they seem good
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, CyberSpider;

You could always just get another Minolta X-700 body, and continue to use those manually focusing SR mount lenses. The X-700 was one of the most successful Minolta camera bodies, and there are a lot of them out there. The display cabinet at one of the local camera shops has six (6) of them right now. Do not worry about people warning you about "the dreaded capacitor failure problem." Yes, there was a batch of capacitors that went into the first samples manufacturered when they moved the X-700 to Indonesia, but even that was not a guaranteed thing, and it is not all that common. Even if it does happen, it takes three screws to take off the bottom and about 10 minutes with a soldering iron to change the thing to a more modern capacitor with an even higher level of reliability. This is not a problem.

Then you still have the Minolta 7000 with the "A" or AF mount, and the 7000 was a pace setting camera in its own right. Watch for lenses for it. You will find them with a price less than 100 UKNP. I did that with my Minolta Dynax 9 or Maxxum 9.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ralph, Don't tempt cyberspider with the Minolta Dynax 9. I wanted one for years. In 1999 I settled for the 800si, my first Minolta camera - then that has been followed by the 9000; the 600si; the Dynax 7; another 800si (for £40) All those were used/second hand. Then 3 months ago finally bought a Dynax 9 together with the grip for £175, here in the UK. Dealers are asking £160 for the grip alone. I can't work out whether I got the camera for £15, or the grip free. !!!

Shooter
    35mm
    well new camera come today here it is

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a keeper. You will find a nice lens for it. One nice thing about the 7000 is it uses standard AAA batteries available everywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That white bloom on the battery door will clean up nicely.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    hope so any ideas what to clean it with

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin