Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,527   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    you or your repair guy could look at this- stage 5 i think you are after. You will need to register to see the images i think. Its a lucky dip really, mine cost 10 pounds a few years back and no problems......yet

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=33914

regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i bought one zorki, one kiev and one fed a few months ago, for little money, all good cameras, fed had a shutter curtain that was not really light tight but easely solved with some tshirt black matte paint. Zorki is wonderfull and has an good lens as is the kiev. I did a CLA before using all of them.
    Russian cameras can be dependable if some money is spent in CLA and lenses can be surprisingly good.
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As people say they aren't too bad to part strip so you can CLA to some extent. Some time ago I bought a very clean late 4K and found the wind-on wasn't right. Wouldn't click stop and would also wind backwards. I stripped and found a part (can't remember which) that I thought was upside down. Reassembled and it was perfect. My guess is that it left the factory like that, hence it was very clean because it had never been used!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok I've fiddled a bit, seems I've gotten the faster shutterspeeds to work, but 1/60 and below the curtains are still not opening or closing completely....I reckon a CLA might be what this camera needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    Ok I've fiddled a bit, seems I've gotten the faster shutterspeeds to work, but 1/60 and below the curtains are still not opening or closing completely....I reckon a CLA might be what this camera needs.
    I submit that a CLA is better than a truly useless purchase or a stick in the eye.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I picked up a Zorki 4K and had it CLA'd by a local repair tech (who insisted that a "rangefinder is a rangefinder", and didn't hesitate when asked about FSU cameras). The speeds were seriously off when I bought it, but after he got through with it everything works very well.

I only have 1 issue with it - the tech said the flash sync connector wasn't connected properly, and as far as he could see there was only a "bulb" setting for the flash sync anyway, so he didn't connect it. I have since read that's not actually correct, and if connected properly it can be used with electronic flash.

So, if you have it CLA'd, have the tech check to make sure the flash sync is properly connected.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin