Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 771

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The FM (not the FM2) has the flip up tab and can be used with non AI lens just like the F3.
    I have both and definitely go for the F3. The electronic shutter in the F3 has benn seriously criticzied but it's the best thing in the F3. With the spring tension adjustment to get correct curtain travel time and the 1/2000 shutter correctly (the 1/2000 shutter speed is in fact a mechanical governed shutter speed) then the rest of the shutter speed can be adjusted very accurately.
    I don't know if this is true, but I found that if someone had these cameras when they were new then they would like the F3 better. If someone just started to buy some of these old classic would tend to favor the FM/FE series.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but I found that if someone had these cameras when they were new then they would like the F3 better. If someone just started to buy some of these old classic would tend to favor the FM/FE series.
    Probably because they had spent so much money on them when they were new, they BETTER like it.

Otherwise, they were duped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My only criticism of the F3 is its tiny LCD meter display. My big plus for it is the ability to mount a waist level finder (as does my F5), which can be an advantage in discreet use in a world where everyone expects a camera to be held at arms length out front when shooting. Battery dependence doesn't concern me because I always carry a spare. There has to be a good reason that the F3 was still being sold new after the F4 had come and gone - about 20 years. Maybe because it was not only the last body with a flip-tab for pre-Ai lenses, but also the last manual focus body (leaving out the FM10/FE10 - although I think the FM3A also outlasted it by a small margin, but try getting one of them for $50).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin