Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,215   Posts: 1,532,121   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I like my N75. Very light, pretty small, takes great photos. Wouldn't use it to pound nails, but it's sturdy enough.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to agree that some of the Pentax AF 35mms are the smallest I have seen. Not the lightest--I don't see how something could me much lighter than the N75--but the smallest.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Canon EOS 300/Rebel 2000 is quite small, very light and incredibly cheap.

Even with the accessory BP200 battery pack.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maxxum 4. I had one, thing could almost fit in my pocket without a lens.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is one of those questions where everyone will give you a different answer based on their own experience and preference. So here is mine: I have a number of Nikon bodies. I think the smallest and lightest regardless of manual or auto focus is my F75 (N75 in the US) which is not bad considering that it contains a motor for "screw drive" auto focus. For light weight and size it matches the FM10 which is manual focus only. I think that the lightest and smallest auto focus lens I have is the 50/1.8 AF-D, although I also have a Voigtlander Ultron 40/2 which is even smaller and lighter and which I prefer to use on the F75 for its lightness, compactness and its slightly wide angle of view. However that lens is a bit of a hybrid design: it has the electronic bits to support matrix metering and changing aperture by the thumb wheel on the body, but it is manual focus. I have had the F75 since new in 2004, which was just about the end of its model run and it has been completely reliable in spite of being nearly 100% plastic construction.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pentax MZ-S for a pro level model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon N70 – it may not be the smallest, but it is the smallest 35mm auto focus SLR body that I use.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think lightest is much more important though...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosk View Post
    I think lightest is much more important though...
    Some people like really heavy small things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about Contax Aria (on my shortlist) ? Together with the 45/2.8 pancake lens it is still lighter than a Leica M body ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin