Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,621   Online: 876

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Smallest bodied AF 35mm slr?

What is/are the smallest bodied 35mm slr with autofocus?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Smallest I know of is the Nikon N55.

Shooter
    35mm
    Most of the big 4 (Canon Nikon Pentax and Minolta) made small AF SLRs. The smallest? Is that even relevant? Smallest means nothing here. The small cameras are all SMALL. They are small by design. Pick one. Pick a Minolta Maxxum 3, or a Nikon N75 or a... the list goes on and on.

If "small" is the only criterion, get a decent P&S camera. There are plenty of those too and take great pics.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Most of the big 4 (Canon Nikon Pentax and Minolta) made small AF SLRs. The smallest? Is that even relevant? Smallest means nothing here. The small cameras are all SMALL. They are small by design. Pick one. Pick a Minolta Maxxum 3, or a Nikon N75 or a... the list goes on and on.

If "small" is the only criterion, get a decent P&S camera. There are plenty of those too and take great pics.

"Relevant?" Yes, it is to me.
    To put my question in perspective, in 35mm slr's, I have/use/shoot: OM1, 2n, OM4T, XE-7, SRT101, 202, F100. Also, Rollei 35TE and a few P&S's. Also own/use ETRSi, Mamiya 7, Rolleicord Vb. Also some Nikon D's and Sony R1 + digi P&S's.
    I was hoping that an slr autofocus body exists that, size wise, is closer to the OM's than the XE-7!
    I hope that clarifies my question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought my wife an OM-77af, the body is small enough but the lenses more than make up for size. The 70-210af zoom is a freakin monster! The 35-70 is large diameter, and short(relatively). They are not only bulky, they weigh a ton compared to their manual focus counterparts. I'll stick to my manual focus cameras. If you want small auto focus, get a p&s zoom with that feature. Pentax, Fujifilm, and most all major manufacturers made them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Pentax *ist is dinky. It might even be the tiny-ist.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to all for your input.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Lol wolfeye, you so cranky.

That N75 you suggested looks great though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Lol wolfeye, you so cranky.

That N75 you suggested looks great though.
    I had aan N65 many moons ago and it uses a rubber band to keep the back closed

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Haaa!! Had a N65 but really loved it! Very nice hand-hold-ability and seemed very small, now that smallness goes away when you mount a lens. Hey Nikon folks - did Nikon ever make a AF pancake?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin