Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,445   Online: 1011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    why don't you bring your camera+lens in person to a repair shop
    drop it off and get a free estimate to see what is wrong with it ...
    instead of having every one here make suggestions as to what *might* be wrong.
    an estimate is usually free, and repair people will have the camera+lens in hand
    and be able to tell you exactly what is wrong ... instead of a guess.
    A: its only happening with one lens apparently
    B: camera repair shops are as bad as gas stations for charging for unecessary/phony work
    EI: "the focus problem is the knifler pin, we can fix it for $28.00 come back tomorrow" they hit it with compressed air and wipe it off with a silicone treated cloth,whack you $28.00

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think it's possible for many people to bring a camera+lens in person to a repair shop, and get a free estimate...
    I don't know of any repair shop around here. I know a number of repair shop else where that is too far to get there and they don't do free estimate. If you don't want to repair, you will have to pay them to get it back.
    Camera repair isn't so much a viable business anymore. A lot of time the work is very labor intensive and customers don't pay for repair that is more than the camera is worth. Charging less the repair shop can't make a living.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I don't think it's possible for many people to bring a camera+lens in person to a repair shop, and get a free estimate...
    I don't know of any repair shop around here. I know a number of repair shop else where that is too far to get there and they don't do free estimate. If you don't want to repair, you will have to pay them to get it back.
    Camera repair isn't so much a viable business anymore. A lot of time the work is very labor intensive and customers don't pay for repair that is more than the camera is worth. Charging less the repair shop can't make a living.
    No repair shops locally here anymore, much less camera shops. they are all gone.The biggest one, I swear would use a hammer and chisel on equipement to perform repairs and THE LAST roll of B&W they did for me had F'ing purple prints!

I've seen bodies where people swear the body was at fault for focus issues. I take a lens and focus on something with a known good body, then without changing focus swap the lens the the "afflicted" body to see if it changed. Most times you need to adjust focus very slightly, but there should be no gross errors.

Diopters, bad vision, mis use of "split pea" have all been major contributors of focus issues that I have seen.Not to say there could be a problem but its rare the body is at fault.
    Last edited by fstop; 07-30-2011 at 05:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    toofuny and sad -

i have 2 repair shops close to me that give free estimates .... sorry to hear that
    repair folks near you are not to be trusted ! sounds to me like it is more than a canned air issue ...

good luck with your problem!!
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin