Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,102   Online: 1076

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

first film shots back

ok id like some feed back on this lot this is just a few as i have to watermark the others
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/footstepsintime/sets/

all out of the pentax p30t film is Ekart 100

photexpres was fast in doing this lot
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tough love for the cyberspider: the lone tree trunk and the hugging of said tree (to affirm your 'green-ness' perchance?) are not good because they demonstrate nothing but accuracy of focus.

On the other hand, the stones and buildings are rather indicative of a knowldge of how to compose: the elements seem to me (what does that matter?) to be correctly placed and aesthetically pleasing. I felt that I was looking at something that said something but, please, spider, do not fall into the trap that most 'salon' worshipers did in the forties by 'naming' such photos. Providing 'names' (except for strictly identification purposes) forces the viewer to become myopic and crestrict his other thoughts about the picture. Let the viewer 'imagine' and conflate thoughts and revel in the unrestrictiveness. Thanks. - David Lyga.

Shooter
    35mm
    well the hugging tree was taken for that person thats not me i might add its a neighbour she wanted it for a friend
    the tree trunk was for that purpose of focusing skill so looks like i got it right

and im still learning so your right i am not sure on composition yet but im doing a course now so i hope this will improve thank you for your feed back

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If this is the type of shooting you like then, I'd suggest in investing in a decent spot meter. The metering looks like is is an averaging type and the results from an exposure perspective could have been improved with a spot meter. Your composing looks good as does the subject matter. Ovedrcast days can be tough to work with. If I were in your place I'd have considered b&w.

Shooter
    35mm
    yes sadly i had no BW film and no one sells it here but im ordering some next week

spot meter is on the list as is flash

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great job. Like that lens a lot! I think this shot has all the attributes I just love, slim DOF, dreamy background, deep blue, interesting perspective. Thanks for the share!

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you i was going for a bugs eye view im glad you like it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    please, ditch the "footsteps in time" watermark. I kept looking for that instead of what the actual picture was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put your personal information and copyright statement in the EXIF data hidden in the JPEG file header. Flickr preserves EXIF data if somebody copies the file or downloads it. Your name will be downloaded and stored inside the picture. Most people won't even know that it's there.

If you "need" to use a visible watermark, either fade it back or put it closer to the edge of the image.

I often use various techniques to mark my images but, when it comes down to it, if somebody's going to steal your images, they'll do it regardless of whether the image is tagged or watermarked. A good Photoshopper can rub that watermark out in less than five minutes.

Besides, you have the negative... Proof positive that the image is yours.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you are worried about copyright, having the negative doesn't really hold up
    in a court of law ( if it comes down to that )
    you need to register your images at the copyright office
    and have the registration form ...
    its cheap and easy and if you are worried about someone stealing
    and using your work and using it in a commercial way, i would do it ...
    im empty, good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin