Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,816   Online: 974

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yes I think that you are correct, the hue is yellowish, thus brass. I guess most bodies are brass. I just assumed that metal would have been cheaper to market.

resummerfield: I am 'touching up'. You know: when the body starts to get that 'used' look I want to brighten it up. I still do not know if gloss, semi-gloss, or matte are best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi David,
    Not all are brass, many are now "resin" including some of the more expensive. There are also some that use cast aluminum alloy or something similar.
    The gun finish is recommended by many as being durable.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Personally, I love the look of brassy cameras. Real photographers have brassy cameras, not minty-looking shelf queens. Some posers here in Tokyo actually use fine sandpaper to rub the paint off the edges and corners of their cameras. My old Leica M4 has been used so much that I managed to rub off the chrome finish on much of the camera. I had it stripped and repainted black last year, but it is already starting to get beautifully brassy again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin