Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,275   Online: 1087

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Dynax (Maxxum) 7 and Sigma OS lenses

Does anyone know any reason why the OS (Optical Stabilisation) feature on some of the new Sigma lenses shouldn't work with the Dynax 7 camera?
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First I dont have a Sigma OS lens for my D7, but the D7 works well with Minolta and the new Sony SSM lenses.
    In my case I have used the CZ 24-70 on the D7. So the D7 can drive the newest A-Mount lenses.

Do you really have a problem with a specific Sigma OS A-Mount lens?
    I have never heared of such a problem so far.

Best Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've ordered the 120-400 OS zoom and I'm hoping the OS works on the 7. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't, but you never know with these things.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do not know about the newer Sigma lenses, but the Minolta/Dynax 7 was particularly intolerant of Sigma lenses. I had that body and an 800si. I could successfully use the Sigma 150mm on the 800si but it would send the Maxxum 7 into convulsions each time I mounted the lens.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update on this. It works fine. Full functionality of lens and body.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That is great news! I read somewhere that the newer SAM motor Sony lenses also work on the 7, so that seems like the one body that can take just about everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good news as well! I love my 7, it really is a state of the art film camera and still holds strong today. (& is the Ying to my Yang when it comes to analogue capture)

How did you find the experience using the OS lens? Did you get the motion sickness feel that many complain about?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Good news as well! I love my 7, it really is a state of the art film camera and still holds strong today. (& is the Ying to my Yang when it comes to analogue capture)

How did you find the experience using the OS lens? Did you get the motion sickness feel that many complain about?

Cheers
    It's different for sure, especially as I'm used to in-body stabilisation...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin