Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,767   Online: 849

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Shooter
    35mm

Help!

So I recently got a Lomography Fisheye 2 35mm Film Camera, took 26 pictures with it, took the film to local shop to get it developed (boots) and for some reason I got 11 pictures back, all apart from 2 where basically pitch black, and the 2 that werent where taken outside and quite bad quality, also they are not framed right (instead of the fisheye being in the centre, half of it is cut off the photo) so half the picture is missing, and I can see another half of the following picture pretruding onto the photo, why is this? Did I load the film wrong or maybe it was just some dodgy film? I am very unsatisfied and would like to know where I should get the film developed to get them to come out properly?
    Look At My Blog Or My Flickr Too See My Photo's
    Please Click Follow :)

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well... that's what you get for buying fashion products. Apparently black is the new black.

When entire frames are left unexposed, it's not the film or development that is to blame. I would see if that camera can be returned or replaced.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess that is what lomo is all about!

Shooter
    35mm
    Gonna try another roll tomorrow, ifit doesnt go successful I may look into a return :/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are built to err, just work, sometimes not quite enough! I rekon that a replacement is in order. Do the negatives have the frames numbers etc. on them? If the film is totally clear, then it may be a processing issue, but I suspect that the shutter is only partially opening....or not at all.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have never used a Lomo, but what shutter speed did you use? I don't believe this camera has a light meter, so how did you determine proper exposure?

I google'd the camera you mentioned, it doesn't look like it has a light meter, so if your film is black then you let too much light in.

If you keep the shutter open for a few seconds outside, it will be surely black.

What type of film did you shoot (b/w or color)?

What do the edges if the film look like, dark or clear'ish?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I still can not figure out how and why persons spend money on a camera built with no quality control, a poor lens and even the advance mechanism is s design suspect. At least go buy a bakelite 120 from pre-WWII through the early '50s. Cheap and at least more relable as well as having repetitive halfway decent results. Bit, then again I'm a soft touch for old British cars built with Lucas wiring and parts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It sounds like it's not advancing the film properly, which could be you loading it wrong or could just be something wrong with the camera. Also, with a shutter speed of 1/100 and an aperture of f8 (according to Amazon, this is what it shoots at), you want bright light or fast film, like ISO 400. I think even with the built in flash, your subject would have to be close for it to expose properly. Also, if you decide to return it, maybe look into something else that was built for simplicity but has a little more reputation for consistent performance, like a Kodak Pony or the Bakelite 120 cameras as was previously suggested. Plus, these cameras look a lot cooler than the lomo cameras, in my opinion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the help, I think that maybe I did load film wrong, I'll probably invest in some ISO 400 see how that comes out, if all else fails I'll return the camera :L Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the film is black, then it got too much light, if the prints are black, or too dark, then there was too little light. Looking at the film will tell the tale though. If the film is black, and no edge numbers are showing, then it got light struck, either in the camera because of light leaks, or somewhere in handling (loading or unloading or at the lab).

It sounds like it may have been cut wrong by the lab, inspecting the film will answer that too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin