Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 780

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photos on your web site look good, are they taken with the same film and camera you are now having problems with?

There is a difference between 100 asa and 400 asa. 100 is good for bright days with a lot of light and the 400 will be good with lower light levels like indoors or shady and overcast days ect.Not knowing if you camera has shutter speed control and aperture controls makes a difference too.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What camera are you using? A Lomo of some sort? If that's the case, they have a set aperture and shutter speed, right?

Also, what do you mean by completely black? Are you looking at a photo CD, the actual negatives, or minilab prints?

Many factors going on here... If you're talking about scans/prints, then perhaps you took these pictures inside? If that's the case, ISO100 film + the "slow" lenses typical of a Lomo type camera would definitely result in black images. Take a look at the negatives, are they more or less clear? (save for the orange of the film obviously)
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take the stuff outside and photograph something in bright sunlight. You state that you have a functioning camera, but fail to say what it is and how you expose the film. There is a very good chance it is the lab's fault, change labs.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    What camera are you using? A Lomo of some sort? If that's the case, they have a set aperture and shutter speed, right?

Also, what do you mean by completely black? Are you looking at a photo CD, the actual negatives, or minilab prints?

Many factors going on here... If you're talking about scans/prints, then perhaps you took these pictures inside? If that's the case, ISO100 film + the "slow" lenses typical of a Lomo type camera would definitely result in black images. Take a look at the negatives, are they more or less clear? (save for the orange of the film obviously)
    Yeah you hit the nail on the head, the almost pitch black ones where taken inside (you can see light through the window but everything inside is pitch black)

Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    The photos on your web site look good, are they taken with the same film and camera you are now having problems with?

There is a difference between 100 asa and 400 asa. 100 is good for bright days with a lot of light and the 400 will be good with lower light levels like indoors or shady and overcast days ect.Not knowing if you camera has shutter speed control and aperture controls makes a difference too.

Mike
    Thank you, the ones on my blog where actually taken with my mobile phone :L and some where edited, I am yet to get any photos developed with my 35mm film camera that have been a success to go on their, I'll keep trying.
    Look At My Blog Or My Flickr Too See My Photo's
    Please Click Follow :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you really mean by "pitch black"? Are you seeing this on your negatives or prints? It shows two separate extreme conditions - either super over-exposure or under-exposure....

You can't really tell what lighting condition you need for a given ISO range until you know the shutter speed and aperture.... what camera are you using?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, telling us what camera you are using would be very helpful. (it's been asked half a dozen times... )

But that's you're problem in general, your pictures are severely underexposed. Try 400 for inside, but even that might give you kinda dark photos.

The lomo type cameras have very slow lenses, probably like f/8-f/11 I'm guessing?

You'll have much better success by using that camera outside, in which case the 100 will probably suit you well, but 400 in anything but direct sunlight will probably work ok too.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What camera are you using?

(now it's half dozen times PLUS 1)
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elammm View Post
    I know it wasnt the lab, it was probably me, 2 rolls have failed, going to try a third roll now, on sunny clear days, whats best conditions for iso 100 indoors? like how bright should a room be etc? 3rd times the charm?
    You haven't come clean about what camera you're shooting. No more till you do, OK?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    He has a Lomo Fisheye 2. He posted a few days ago about it...here is his camera. I believe it has 1/100 shutter and B.

I bet he is shooting inside at 1/100. With an F8 lens, I can see what it would be dark.

What we dont know is what ISO does he have (100?).

What shutter speed did he use?

Info re his camera that I google'd

http://microsites.lomography.com/fisheye/

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry guys, yes its lomo fisheye 2, using iso 100 film (currently)
    Look At My Blog Or My Flickr Too See My Photo's
    Please Click Follow :)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin