Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,747   Posts: 1,483,772   Online: 776

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well don't rule out upgrading someday.

What Lomo doesn't teach you is that film is capable of professional results; something that people seem to be forgetting...

not to mention, there are hundreds of really interesting, funky cameras out there.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    127 Format
    better to buy a disposable camera at the drugstore...
    - Bill Lynch

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elammm View Post
    Thanks , I do appreciate all the help and encourage ment guys but I really only got into film cameras because of the lomography idea that is really the only sort of film I wanna get into I think its good, some of you might not like the idea of that but just trying to have a whacky bit of fun with some lomo
    You do not have to use their film, or rather, you do not have to pay their prices for film. You have the LOMO camera, now do yourself a favor and try several types of lower price film in it. Remember, don't be afraid to experiment is one of the LOMO rules, also LOMO got started with some people shooting whatever cheep film they could get their hands on. Take the money you save on film and use it for processing, or more film.

If your enjoying the camera that's all that matters.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I am aware of the film situation, I wont be buying lomo branded film in future
    Look At My Blog Or My Flickr Too See My Photo's
    Please Click Follow :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monito View Post
    The OP should step down to a less sophisticated tool than a Lomo.
    I about spit coffee all over my keyboard when I read this, but you did back it up with good examples. I got one of the first year instamatics for christmas when I was in 1st grade and had a lot of fun with it. Later in high school I found it in the drawer and decided to use it again. It had been dropped and the view finder had fallen out and was lost so it was truly a point and shoot. The pictures were great!

He is already using about as unsophisticated a Lomo as you can get - fixed aperture and a single shutter speed. So he has all the simplicity and limitations of the cameras you suggest without their dependability and build quality. Very difficult tool to learn with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I about spit coffee all over my keyboard when I read this...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Just so everyone knows, I got my 36 pictures developed using my Lomo Fisheye 2, the pictures where outstanding! soso good, perfect, I guess it was just luck afterall

Shooter
    35mm
    Youll find some of the pictures on my blog tomorrow, http://elammm.tumblr.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin