Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,530   Online: 1002

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Ideal conditions to take pictures with this film?

What are the ideal conditions to take clear, good pictures with this exact film: http://uk.shop.lomography.com/films/...-100-pack-of-3 - I have wasted 2 rolls of film so far, one the pictures came back wrongly framed and mostly pitch black and two the film roll just came back completely black
    Look At My Blog Or My Flickr Too See My Photo's
    Please Click Follow :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A decent camera....

There seems to be no indication of the original manufacturer.
    Anyway, 100 ISO film with (I imagine) a very slow lens and rudimentary shutter would be best in fairly bright conditions, though direct sunlight can produce ugly shadows.

If the results are still bad in well-lit conditions, thenj the processing or, more likely, the camera has a problem (film itself is unlikely to be so bad as to produce the results you describe).
    Can you return the camera to the seller if necessary?
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What are the ideal conditions to take clear, good pictures with this exact film

A functioning camera might be a good start?

Shooter
    35mm
    If I Ordered This, http://uk.shop.lomography.com/films/...-400-pack-of-3 - is this likely to produce better pictures as the knowlegable guy in the photography shop said I should use around 400?

Shooter
    35mm
    And yes guys I do have a functioning camera

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elammm View Post
    And yes guys I do have a functioning camera
    God knows what this stuff is. What's the stale date? This "Lomography" branding thing is weird--like your camera won't take anything else? Get some Fuji Superia 400 and/or try another lab. The ISO 100 stuff is best for bright mid-day shots.

If you're still getting crap results from another film and lab, then your camera is the prime suspect. BTW what are you shooting???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well...

If it came back COMPLETELY BLACK, you either had a defective film (already exposed before it got to you), you made a handing error (I'm guessing here), you had a massive light leak on your camera (unlikely), or the processor screwed up and didn't tell you. (I don't know so I'm guessing here, too)

It takes a lot to make a frame or two completely black. Something seriously wrong happened for whatever the reason. I really don't think it has anything to do with the lighting condition, unless you were shooting directly into a strong light source.

Has it ever happened to you with different film? If not, I'd be doubting the film first.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    But an ISO of 400 is alot better for picture taking right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What makes you say that?

ISO400 means it's more (2 stops) more sensitive than ISO100 film. It also means if you are taking your photos at very VERY bright outside and you can't use faster shutter speed and/or smaller opening on your aperture, you will severely over-expose your negative.

It's still very unlikely you get completely BLACK frame though. It is my understanding that those Kodak and Fuji throw-away one time use cameras use something like ISO 200 film in it. You can shoot all day long at beach and still come back with usable images.

I really think something went wrong here, either with your film or equipment. (or processing at lab)
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    I know it wasnt the lab, it was probably me, 2 rolls have failed, going to try a third roll now, on sunny clear days, whats best conditions for iso 100 indoors? like how bright should a room be etc? 3rd times the charm?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin