Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,276   Online: 985

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a very tight fit but a screwdriver just fits. The angle on the screw is acute so be careful not to strip the head. 1/8th of a turn is all my camera needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered "Griptite" covering for the camera, will update when that arrives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ic-racer, Very interesting post re your Yashica FX3, but not for the faint hearted, like me.
    However, I wonder if you have a basic suggestion for a fault on a Yashica FR1, which I have just bought. The film speed dial is locked at ASA/ISO 80[1 mark below the ISO 100 point]. The exposure compensation dial is still working and adjust the viewfinder readings when I alter the compensation.
    The camera appears to have been stored and unused for quite a time. Would 1-2 drops of lighter fuel, or clear alcohol, dropped into the film speed dial, help to free it ? Apart from that the camera is in exceptional condition, and everything else seems OK.
    If it cannot be freed then I can still use the camera with a hand exposure meter, rely on those readings, set them on the camera, and ignore the readings in the viewfinder.
    Hope you can come up with a solution for me.
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is always the risk of the numbers coming off. Even on the FX-3 my favorite 'safe' cleaner (409, a common household cleaner) took the orange off the "125" speed on the dial. The white remained underneath so I used a red marker to re-do it. Alcohol may take the numbers off.
    I will say that when I got my first free FX-3 the ASA setting was frozen. I loosened it enough to change the setting with some 409 but it was never perfect again until taking the whole assembly apart and cleaning it.

From the KYPHOTO repair forum (proceed at your own risk):
    [To remove the center disk from the shutter speed dial to remove it] A small sewing needle will sometimes work, but the last couple of FR-1's I have worked on required placing the tip of a soldering iron on the decorator disk. The heat will melt the glue BUT also marks the surface finish, and will probably require a bit of painting!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Great job. Thanks for sharing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finally got the covering material and finished the camera. It really handles nice with the new covering.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-05-2012 at 09:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow you are the expert...One day I will take the top plate off my FR1 to see if I can fix the common frame counter problem, and you saying "taking the top plate off was easy" has encouraged me.
    thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Your FX-3 looks so nice I would like to send you my two bodies. I have only three Yashica lenses. They are all 50/2 MLs. One needs service. I have a Tokina RMC Doubler and a nice 28-85/2.8-3.8 Vivitar in Y/C mount as well as a Tamron Adaptall II mount adapter and, somewhere, a Vivitar TX mount adapter. I will look for reasonably priced Yashica lenses and I would like to get a 50/1.7 or 50/1.4 Zeiss lens.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Finally got the covering material and finished the camera. It really handles nice with the new covering.
    Nice!!
    The FX-3 was my first camera back in 1983. Served me well.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm

help

I just inherited my Yashica Fx-3 from my grate grandpa, but the focus mirror is scratched. Is there any way i can fix it my self, or will they repair it in a shop. if so would it be expensive ?

please help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin