Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,930   Online: 922

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm
    "Was the Nikon FM3A a professional camera or a consumer model?"

Well, to whom? Moreover, for a user what difference does that make by just "being considered" as a Pro model?

Now, seriously speaking. FM3A was NOT built as a pro model. Please do not take durability and reliability as the only measure to differentiate pro models from consumer models. A pro models has to offer far more than that. Neither was FM3A marketed as a pro model. Although, Nikon designed and manufactured FM3A to take a lot of beat, the camera was targeting serious amateurs. For many pro though, FM3A is a great backup body.

Just some historical facts for your information.

Shooter
    35mm
    They just want to impress the uninformed by telling them they have a "pro camera" like its a pick up line...

These days it takes more than a black bodied camera to weasel your way into bed with an attractive member of the opposite sex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since the pro-sumer label started being tossed around a few years ago, I've always wondered what the difference is between a pro-sumer and a con-fessional camera?

Having sold a lot of gear to both professionals and wanna-be professionals a few decades ago, I've always considered a camera a camera. There are different grades of build between and within brands. The difference for me between a professional and non-professional camera is in who's using it at the moment. I know Nat Geo and other professional photographers who use(d) the lighter, smaller cameras in preference to what are considered top of the line, take-all-accessories bodies because they were better suited to the job, and the job was professional.

http://www.whattheduck.net/strip/433

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    These days it takes more than a black bodied camera to weasel your way into bed with an attractive member of the opposite sex.
    Would having a chrome bodied camera give you a better chance, I wonder?
    Carl.

Shooter
    35mm
    We'll have to try it to find out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin