Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 767

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a trustworthy professional E6 lab in the UK

Not sure if this is the right venue...

I was wondering if you guys in the UK would know a good professional E6 processing lab to send my slides films.

I don't mean the small mom and pop shop that do the occasional E6 processing or the so-called professional lab out there.

I am looking for the real deal : a consistent and trustworthy professional lab that I can trust to send my films to (mostly 35 mm but also 4x5 inch E6 film).

I have been recently let down my a so-called professional lab in scotland too many times so would appreciate if you guys know a good place in either Leeds, Manchester or maybe london.

Any information would be much helpful.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by photoworks68; 08-09-2011 at 06:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "The Darkroom Uk Ltd" Cheltenham do a very good mail order service and the quality of their E6 processing is first rate. I've not used them to process anything else, but before I sorted my own B&W stuff their B&W hand prints were very good as well.

I did try to post a link to their website but for some unknown reason the forum now says I have never made any posts before and as such can't include links until I've made 5 posts!!!! I know I don't post often, but I've definately posted before!!!

All I can suggest is you do a google search for "Darkroom UK Ltd"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, don't know what happen there - I seemed to be logged on under the user name "I. Cooper" with exactly the same password as my actual user ID. So far as I know I've only registered for the forum once!!

Try "The Darkroom Uk Ltd" this time the link should work!

Shooter
    35mm
    I can recommend Peak Imaging in Sheffield. Never had a problem, fast turn-round, clean and consistent slides / negs.

http://www.peak-imaging.co.uk/
    Steve.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I also use The Darkroom - good results, very fast turnaround time and pre-paid mailing labels, so no faffing around at the Post Office!
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    I too use Peak Imaging, who return each order with a new free-post cardboard box and order form, and never have had a problem.
    Having said that, all labs are run by human beings, and as such prone to human error. How often mistakes are made, and their reaction to it should be a indicator of their quality.
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can recommend Peak Imaging for E6 processing too. Never had a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Give MetroColour Lab in Birmingham a try. I have used them for years for 35mm and med. format slides, and also negatives. A bit cheaper than Peak Imaging. I have found MetroColour Lab completely reliable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I were getting labs to do colour I used peak imaging and the darkroom interchangeably, smaller batches work out cheaper at the darkroom, larger batches at peak.
    Both have excellent standards, but peak normally takes a day longer than the darkroom to return (Their freepost service to get the film to them is 2nd class, where as the darkroom is 1st class)

That said, I've not looked back since I picked up a Jobo unit and started to do the job myself

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin