Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,679   Posts: 1,669,351   Online: 774

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: SLR woes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Pentax MX is all manual, quiet and smooth and quite reliable; slightly smaller than the OM-1; shutter speed and aperture are visible in a finder the size of the OM-1's. The ME Super goes to 1/2000, has a slightly smaller (but excellent) finder, is reliable too.
    The LX is a pro-level camera, tough and refined like the pro-level Nikons, Canons, etc. 1/2000 top speed, mechanical between 1/75 and 1/2000. Meters to EV -6.5. Big, very clear and contrasty finder, excellent interchangeable finder system. About the size and weight of the Nikon FM/FE series.

If you can, try out the different recommendations. Find what you like best. All have some great lenses. I have Pentaxes and Nikons; I like the feel and ergonomics of either, but prefer the Pentaxes. I also love the Olympus OM series and their ergononics, especially the OM-1; I could have gone with Olympus instead and been satisfied, except for the lack of interchangeable finders.
    Last edited by lxdude; 08-13-2011 at 01:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you need more flex b/c of DoF than 1/500 or 1/1000, simply slip on a ND filter. An option allowing you a bigger choice of bodies. I'm not a lover of these high shutter speeds as they tend to have greater deviation from specified. I usually shoot one or two speeds below the minimum time becaue of this. Admittedly, I also dislike electronic shutters and stay away from them as much as possible. Nothing like going out and having a dead battery and then remembering it is the backup battery in the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    If you need more flex b/c of DoF than 1/500 or 1/1000, simply slip on a ND filter. An option allowing you a bigger choice of bodies. I'm not a lover of these high shutter speeds as they tend to have greater deviation from specified. I usually shoot one or two speeds below the minimum time becaue of this. Admittedly, I also dislike electronic shutters and stay away from them as much as possible. Nothing like going out and having a dead battery and then remembering it is the backup battery in the camera.
    I really would not like to deal with ND filters. They're a nuisance, especially with color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, 1/2000 (and sometimes above) can be very useful when using long teles...

It's not just about stopping speeding bullets.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin