Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,413   Online: 1097

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Nikkor 50mm HC Auto f/2 on my F2 and love it alot... The best? For me yes, others may disagree...

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_norm.html

Cheers
    Last edited by André E.C.; 08-15-2011 at 08:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agree OP needs to be more specific. Some people want smooth out of focus areas/bokeh for shallow depth of field work, and some want sharpness from corner to corner and low geometric distortion for landscape and architectural work at medium and small apertures. And there are various mixes and compromises. I fall into the second category so I can only speak on that subject. If sharpness, flare control and contrast at medium or smaller apertures is what you're looking for, save yourself all the trouble (and possibly some $), get a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AF-D, and focus it manually. It is as good as the Zeiss 50mm 1.4 ZF optically. The Zeiss is a little better with flare and ghosting (T* coating still the best) if you point it at the sun, but the Nikkor has slightly less barrel distortion, so toss-up. For sharp work where you'll be stopped down at least a few stops from wide open and want crisp definition/contrast across the frame I seriously don't think there is a better lens than the Nikkor AF-D, which is pretty cheap new. The alternative is the Zeiss ZF macro f2, which is an excellent performer both as a standard 50mm lens and a macro lens, and has slightly less distortion than the Nikkor. But it's very expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I need light gathering, the Nikon 50mm f/1.4 is best for me.

When I need high quality macro shots, the 55mm f/3.5 micro Nikkor is the best for me.

When I need to put an expendable lens on an expendable body, the 50mm f/1.8 Series E is the best for me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5535954258/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon 50mm 03 sml.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to second the recommendation for the Nikkor 50mm f/2.0 AI. It has a special look to it; colors are great with it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin