Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,011   Online: 1156

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Fuji film thinks there's renewed interest in film. They released a new medium format folder last year.

http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/201...at-camera.html
    I bought one and am very happy to have it, two cameras in one, 6x6 and 6x7

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I bought one and am very happy to have it, two cameras in one, 6x6 and 6x7
    My brother had one, outstanding camera, if I did not have my Hasselblad, I'd have a GF670 myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I think I'm getting GAS

Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    My brother had one, outstanding camera, if I did not have my Hasselblad, I'd have a GF670 myself.
    I'm tooting with jealousy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have found the pricing for Bronica has seemed to bottom out and is starting to move upwards.

Some cameras like Leica, Zeiss, Contax, etc. are affected by yhe collectors's market and hence demand remains high. But it depends on the model as to how much affected. For instance, my Leica CL has been at an almost constant price since the '80s and hence gone down in value because of inflation while the M5 that back then could be bought for even less now is hitting prices of M6 bodies though it was at the time diced by Leica lovers.

I do suspect as time progresses the fully mechanical cameras will have the advantage of price increases faster then electronic cameras as the electronics become harder to impossible to fix.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    I have found the pricing for Bronica has seemed to bottom out and is starting to move upwards.

Some cameras like Leica, Zeiss, Contax, etc. are affected by yhe collectors's market and hence demand remains high. But it depends on the model as to how much affected. For instance, my Leica CL has been at an almost constant price since the '80s and hence gone down in value because of inflation while the M5 that back then could be bought for even less now is hitting prices of M6 bodies though it was at the time diced by Leica lovers.

I do suspect as time progresses the fully mechanical cameras will have the advantage of price increases faster then electronic cameras as the electronics become harder to impossible to fix.
    The problem with any film camera--electronic or mechanical--will be the availability of competent repair talent and parts. Aside from film choices narrowing with time, just who will be around to fix our relics is worth thinking about.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Pasadena is so insane you can barely walk in there anymore

There used to be a great one in Santa Monica but it seems that was like 15 years ago.

Where is the new show?
    The new show is in Buena Park, starting Aug 28th:
    http://www.bargaincamerashows.com/

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    The new show is in Buena Park, starting Aug 28th:
    http://www.bargaincamerashows.com/
    great news! thanks
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Did not know that I was capable of causing such a verbal fury.

There really DOES seem to be a NET gain in interest, albeit meager. Yes, the days of $15 Spotmatics are over and I think that bottom has been reached. By the way, BradS, what do you have for sale that you cannot get rid of? I do not buy larger than 35mm and larger is what you might be trying to get rid of. But I buy the SRTs and Spotmatics and XG series and Canon AE-1s, etc, and have managed to buy them at close to $20 each in the Philadelphia region (WITH normal lens, no less!) In fact in the past two days I bought a Minolta X-570 with 1.7/50mm for $20 and a Minolta XG-1 with 2/45mm for $22. I am not complaining but merely stating that I am not permitted to be as spoiled as I was three years ago. My temper tantrum will eventually subside.

Thank you all for some profound, revealing insight here. Is there as way to attenuate this addiction? (see ETHICS forum) - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 08-17-2011 at 07:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In my location in North Carolina, we are sadly down to 1 pro lab (as far as I know) for a metropolitan area of 1.75 million people. That said, Biggs is doing seemingly well. Last time I took a roll of 120 E-6 in there, I was making small talk that they must not see those very often; the man said that (on the contrary) they are seeing increasing traffic in processing, even E-6. (There may be a small "last man standing" effect still at work there, but their last pro-shop competitor, Camera World NC, died 2.5 years ago so it's not like they're still in the midst of a customer stampede coming over from that store.)
    --Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    In Vancouver G. King Photo, one of the four surviving full service pro labs, went under last year. Some of their staff were hired by Customcolor, and I think Customcolor may have bought some of their equipment. Customcolor has recently moved to new, expanded premises.

In the conversations I've had with my usual lab, ABC Photo, they indicate to me that volumes have stabilized.

I'm cautiously hopeful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Denver Pro Photo in Colorado says there is a very real resurgence in their film sales. I love their selection, because there is actual VARIETY. Most grocery stores, and camera stores only stock Kodak Gold, Fujifilm Superia, and black and white is limited to BW400CN.

The Costcos around here, as well as the Targets, are in the process of shutting down their film developing services.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin