Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,684   Online: 928

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    [QUOTE

We have a real good pro lab in town called Fototechnika. They do most anything you want including medium and 4x5.[/QUOTE]

I was happy to see you mention Foto Technika. I use them on occasion, and really enjoy the personal, family touch. The impression I have, though, is that they are struggling. They stopped selling 120 and 220 film about a year ago which is a shame.
    Graham from St. Augustine, FL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Don't know if this is an indiction but...

I'm a subscriber of Lynda.com. It's a website that has video tutorials on various computer programs from Photoshop to Excel. They have quite of few photographers subscribing with various titles on photography. Though mostly digital, they have a few titles on analog photography. But the latest release is "Douglas Kirkland on Photography: Shooting with an 8x10 Camera " with Douglas Kirkland. Kirkland also has tutorials using the 2 1/4 camera. BTW here's a plug for Lynda.com, go to the website and checkout their free tutorials.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a definite interest in film out there. Some old interested parties rekindled and some new blood, some who never left. Interest in film is growing for many reasons.How and why is a topic for much speculation, all that matters is that its happening.

Too many people take useless potshots at digital, it serves a purpose, I've been shooting pics for advertising since the early 80s, I would have killed to get results of exposure and composition immediately back then.I've worked in the darkroom and I'm proficient with Photoshop. I shoot both film and pixels and take advantage of the attributes of both.
    Oh btw I dabble in pencil and oil paint, all of the above are just mediums, its complelty stupid to make comments bashing digital vs film photography just as it is to proclaim that oil paintings are the only form of true art.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is no such thing as a resurgence in interest in analog photography. We have tunnel vision. We simply notice mention of it more. Were we primarily D shooters or oil painters or sculptors, we undoubtedly would notice news regarding our passions then just as we do here.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin