Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,495   Online: 670

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford used to make a "Pan Viewing Filter" , http://photographyattic.com/product-51, I have one somewhere that I bought about fifty years ago that I'd almost forgotten about
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-17-2011 at 02:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You can test how the filters will affect the image by placing them in front of Your cell phone camera - switch it to B&W mode from the menu and try Your filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mack View Post
    fstop: Is there a dedicated b/w digital camera?

With best regards.

Stephen
    You don't need a "dedicated" one, just one that has a black and white mode and a preview. Most of them do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Wratten #90

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I may quote St Ansel (paraphrased ) " Use the viewing filter by lifting it to the eye and alternate the filtered,and unfiltered view without keeping the filter in place for any length of time. The eye will accommodate the filters effect and the preview effect will be lost ".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wratten #90, I think.

I don't think of it as very useful, myself. But maybe worth a shot if you can get one for cheap.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I found them to be somewhat useless. In short order, you'll know which filter you need, before you enven look through the viewfinder. It only takes a bit of experience to "see" and pre-visualize the negative and print. if in doubt, slap a deep yellow #15 on your lens and blast away. Are you a scenic or street shooter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin