Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,940   Online: 1092

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Best Konica body for my 85mm f/1.8 AR lens

I managed to pick up an 85mm f/1.8 Konica AR lens at a garage sale for $10 or so, but of course I don't have a Konica body to use it on. I've got Canon FD, Exakta, Nikon F, Contax SLR, and Pentax SM bodies, plus some I've probably forgotten.

My understanding is that there's no way to use the lens on a non-Konica body with a lens mount adapter, but that I must buy Konica body instead.

So I'm hoping someone who knows Konica much better than I do can recommend a particular model to purchase. While I'd like a built-in light meter, I do just fine with my handheld Polaris. I have adapters to replace mercury cells, so that's not a problem. I don't need auto wind, but some type of selectable auto exposure might be nice. It really doesn't matter a great deal what the specs are, but I do want a body that's likely to keep working. You know -- what's the "Nikon F" of the Konica SLR line?

Any suggestions?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think that the "holy grail of the Konica bodies would be the Autoreflex T3n:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eT3NHaupt.html

All of the "modern" Konica bodies (from the Konica Autoreflex all the way to the last Konica body, the TC-X), offer shutter-priority auto-exposure, as well as fully manual operation.

I once owned a Konica FS-1 body, if you can find one with working electronics, it is an excellent body. But for a bargain body, Konica Autoreflex TC's can be had for a song.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PS If you are in the US, I have an Autoreflex T4 body with a non-working meter that I would happily ship to you for the price of postage.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the T3, the FS is also a good choice, built in drive, but slow.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    elcabezagrande, that's some exceptional generosity. I'm sending you a PM.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use both T3 and TC, and generally prefer to pick up the latter. The TC is smaller, lighter but pretty well put together and solid. T3 is hefty. And more expensive. If the T4 doesn't work out, try a TC. I recently won an auction for the FS (I was after the lens that came with it). It started out with electrical gremlins. I think it was due to battery connections, because it seems fine now. It fits well in hand but I prefer the older cams.

Shooter
    35mm
    For the price these days of a T3N I would get one just to have no matter what you end up liking to shoot the most.A black T3N is a thing of beauty and the Konica line of superb lenses won't break the bank either.Ron G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey look up KEH and see what they have to offer and go from there!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll love that glass.... One of the real sleepers out there. I'd promote the FT-1. It's got exposure lock, is reliable and has a very bright finder.
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin