Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,105   Online: 793

Thread: Olympus Pen W

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Olympus Pen W

I recently acquired an Olympus-Pen W camera. After a bit of online hunting and pecking I discovered that it is a somewhat rare 1 year only variant of the Pen series cameras. I am wondering if anyone has one that they use, if so what they think of it. I personally doubt I will use it, I have enough trouble with 36 shots...72 would kill me. HA HA. I'm sort of on the fence about it--part of me wants to keep it for my camera museum at my little shop, and part of me thinks I should get it CLA'd and sell it to someone that wants to use it. Does anyone know of a place that does good, reliable work on Olympus-Pens?

Thanks,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I at one time had a fairly complete collection of the Oly 1/2 frame cameras but do not think I had a W. Could you add a photo, please. As for using it, I think the relevency if 1.2 frame is re-emerging with the reduction of film available and the increasing costs to develop. I just dusted off a Konica 1/2 frame to start using for a carry around camera. You can load a 24 cartridge for 48 shots if 72 is too many.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check with John Hermanson at Zuiko.com.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    mike zack at zack's camera repair ( an apug advertiser ) also does
    very reliable work on these cameras.
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tips. Nice to have options! I don't have a non-analog camera at work, so this is the best I could manage for a pic (set it on my scanner...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pen w.jpg  
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I remember it now, the manual model with the somewhat wideangle lens. Really nice picture taker and no issue with the series selenium meters common on the 1/2 frame series.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Odd, I just re-found my PEN after about 30 years and have just started using it again. Mine is not a W and it says D. Zuiko 1:3.5 1=2.8cm. Is it counterfeit because it does not say “E?” I recently scanned some slides I had taken with it a long time ago and was pretty impressed with how sharp they were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly the Olympus Pen D was a nice camera with full manual adjustments. It is smaller than the Pen F and FT and does not have interchangeable lenses, but a nice shooter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin