Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,700   Online: 851

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 28 or 35mm?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Marin View Post
    anyone with either of these mind posting any sort of examples for me? I think I might be leaning more towards the 28mm
    Check out page 18 of the Nikon lens brochure:

vb.net/products/NIKON/Nikkor_Lenses_brochure.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35mm is more tight. I usually prefer such a composition.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    redundancy is good, right? i thought i would check before i post...

having used pretty much every nikon wide at one time or another, the only one i have kept 25 years down the road is the 28/2 AIS - no competition. i know, you said 2.8, but if you're considering 35/1.4, you can afford the 2 easily

none of the 35s ever clicked with me, either because of the field of view (a personal thing) or because of the image quality (a less personal thing). i'd tend to agree that the 35/2 is the nicest of the bunch, but even that, nothing to write home about

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    What Matt King has said. The 35mm is too close to the 50mm whereas the 28mm gives nearly as wide as you need in most situations but there have been a number of occasions where it wasn't quite wide enough and the 24mm would have been. A 24mm is about the limit without noticeable distortion.

pentaxuser
    I'd have to agree, but need to mention that I could get by with a 35mm lens forever and be pretty much OK with it. If I had to pick just one lens...the 1.4 max aperture is pretty sweet, too.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 28 2.8 AIs and the 35 2.8 Ai. They are both tack sharp but I prefer the 28mm for landscapes. The 35 is good for street shooting and as a general walkaround prime.

The 28 is nice though if you are doing landscapes or sky scenes. Anything where you need to go wide.

I'd get the 28 2.8 and the 35 f2, the f2 is legendary status with the 105 f2.5
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post

I'd get the 28 2.8 and the 35 f2, the f2 is legendary status with the 105 f2.5
    I'd agree that the 35mm 2.0 is the best of the Nikon 35s, but legendary??!!???
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Marin View Post
    anyone with either of these mind posting any sort of examples for me? I think I might be leaning more towards the 28mm
    http://www.pbase.com/cameras/nikon/28_28_ai_s

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Considering your other lenses, I'd go with the 28mm or something a little wider.

Shooter
    35mm
    decided to get the 28mm 2.8 ais hopefully it will be a good investment if not hopefully i can sell it or trade it. Thanks for all the suggestions fellas!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin