Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,822   Online: 1078

Shooter
    35mm

Vivitar MC Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 for Nikon FM

Hi guys, i just got quite a good offer on a Vivitar lens, its the Wide angle 28mm MC version that has the filter thread of 49mm that is offered to me for around USD55.

Question is, is it a good lens in terms of preformance and overall quality? and is the market price overseas similar to this? cause from my experience, most sellers in Malaysia is pricey and after asking from APUG forummers, then i know whats the actual price like.

Its not that i dont want the 28mm from Nikon but its way to pricey and my budget is not that high at the moment (seller selling to me at USD340!!!!) CRAZY HUH?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems expensive there, the other way around from where I came from (Philippines), where you can get a 35/2 Nikkor-O and the 28/2.8 for about the same price ($40 converted). Alas, stupid as I am, I went with the 35mm instead of the 28.

If I were you I'd get it, a new FOV adds a new world to your photographic experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi coldeye! i see... which part of philippines are you from? whats the market there? i dont mind going just to get good deals

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am here in the US now. There is one very cheap place to get good photo stuff, it's called Hidalgo St. and it's in Manila. The only problem is you need to know someone there so that they can haggle. If they know you are a foreigner, then you can kiss the good prices good bye. :P I spent around half a year befriending 2 of the well know sellers there, so I can get some pretty good deals. If all you are looking for are lenses, it's a good place to go if you know who to approach (The camera bodies I do not trust).

Shooter
    35mm
    I seeee.. do you happen to know what items (lenses, nikon lenses) do they have in stock now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately I can't. They do not have any website whatsoever. It is a long street with stalls and large stores for camera gear. The thing is, a large number of people there prefer digital, that is why most of the film gear are cheap, but not always.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin