Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,230   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark_674 View Post
    Hi all,

I want to buy another camera.... Again the Last one.....

Denny
    It always is the last one.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    It always is the last one.
    Just one more drink...Promise!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Olympus OM-1n? I don't think "jewel" when pick up an F2, but they are very solid.
    As in, you could use the F2 to crush the Olympus into dust, and then take a picture of the remains. (I own both, by the way!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on how many lens you have in the Nikon mount. If you have a lot stick with a Nikon like the F2. I like my old Canon F-1 with their inexpesive FD lenes.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leicaflex SL: slightly more camera than tank....

You would get:
    Better mirror damping
    Better shutter damping
    A far better viewfinder (probably the best SLR viewfinder ever - sorry Olympus OM fans... )
    In some/many cases, better lenses.

As I said, maybe less of a tank than a Nikon F2 (do tanks take good pictures?), but a Leicaflex SL has famously survived being ejected from a crashing fighter jet and lying on the desert floor for months before being found.

Whatever you decide, newer *isn't* always better, often just more cheaply made....
    Last edited by Rol_Lei Nut; 08-23-2011 at 11:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    My favorite mechanical 35mm camera, hands down, is the original Nikon F with the eye-level (non-metered) prism and a hand-held meter. There is nothing in the viewfinder except your image, and you see 100% of the view the lens sees.....
    Exactly. The original F is built like a tank.
    —Eric

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Not to be snarky, but I wonder if one of these days we can compile a list of pros and cons to the Nikon series and just make it a sticky.
    Great idea and not just for Nikon. Might cut down on the windy OT testimonials and misinformation.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree with the tank v. camera approach, which is why the last 35 I bought was a Contax IIA, 35+ years ago. "Takes a licking and keeps on clicking"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ???

" A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned F, F2, and F3. The F2 is a very strong camera, higher shutter speed, than an F, the F3 is more modern, but the F with a non metered pentaprism, and 50mm 1.8 is just classic. But for the long haul the F2 would be my pick.

Other camers to think about, Spotmatic, Canon F1, and Minolta 201 or 101. I still have the Spotmaitc I bought in College in 1966, it was used at that. Last serviced in 1986, meter is spot on (no pun intended), will work with hearing aid batteries or just about any batttery that will fit. Lens are very good for the day and still hold up to many new lens.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin