Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,697   Online: 1182

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Glad to see you got the F out of the closet.

I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Go on vacation and get the F outa town.Take some Fn pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I own and use an assortment of Nikons (2-F2 bodies (DE1 variety), an F2A, 2- F2ASs, and 1 each of the F3HP, F4s and F5) my hands-down favorite remains the F2AS (purchased 17 May 1979 and used continuously since). These particular babies have been used in environments ranging from New Orleans (where I lived for four years) to the Columbia Icefields, Jasper National Park (temperature/humidity range of 42C/98% to - 30/40%) without failure, EVER! My only expense for these bodies has been a CLA (done about 6? years ago. My trust in them is such that I shot my very last rolls of PKR and KR with them (sort of a coming full circle, if you will) on 25 December 2010. Needless to say, the F2 gets my unqualified recommendation, something I am very, very hesitant to give for anything, anywhere, EVER!

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Glad to see you got the F out of the closet.

F?

Word.

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the F3 (two of them) and an F5, and I love the F3 if only for the feeling of the frame advance lever. It's so silky smooth. But I am looking at a F2 Titan with the DP-12 prism in new condition. For my money, the F2 could probably go anywhere and work well -- from -30 below zero to outer space. It's built that well. The F3 is great, but more electronics and perhaps a little more fragile long term. The F2 is a tank that could literally work forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

How strange. In the original title of this thread, the Original Poster did ask about a "Mechanical Jewel," however, there are all of these recommendations for cameras where not only the lightmeter, but also the shutter is electronically controlled and requires a battery.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stark_674 View Post
    I want to shoot with a rellay mechanical jewel, can you give me any other suggestion?
    My budget is 300€ max, Every suggestion is welcome.

This is an old thread but I will respond to it anyway.

If I wanted a mechanical “jewel,” I would buy a Leica MP. However, the budgetary constraint excludes this suggestion.

Some of the mechanical cameras I have used and loved over the years are listed below in no particular order.

Leica M1 35mm (no rangefinder and no built-in light meter)
    Nikon F 35mm SLR with a standard meterless prism
    Nikon F2 35mm SLR with a standard meterless prism or meterless action finder
    Nikon F2T 35mm SLR with a standard meterless prism
    Argus C3 35mm rangefinder
    Minolta Hi-Matic 9 35mm rangefinder (has a built-in light meter)
    Canon QL17 GIII 35mm rangefinder (has a built-in light meter)
    Pentax Spotmatic 35mm SLR (has a built-in light meter)
    Fujica ST705 35mm SLR (has a built-in light meter)
    Mamiya C3 6x6cm medium format
    Mamiya C22 6x6cm medium format
    Mamiya C220 6x6cm medium format
    Fuji 6x7cm medium format rangefinder
    Fuji 6x9cm medium format rangefinder
    Graflex 4x5 inch view

If I had to pick only one that met the budgetary constraint, I would pick the Nikon F2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/6307637714/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5188997398/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon F2 040 sml.JPG   Nikon F2 064 sml.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you so much for your post. That's what I want to read in this thread... Finally I bought a Nikon F2A... My choice was between F2A and F2AS and I decide for F2A cause the meter is with a arrow and not with Led... Just for the sensation to use as less electronic is possible... I read lot of posts saying this is a robust camera, and when I shoot with that I understand what this mean... Usually I use a Contax RTSII and I think that now I have two different example of what cameras were in the past. Thanks to all again....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikkormat FTn...?

I had one - built like a tank. Okay it didn't have the pro accessory capabilities of the Nikon range - i.e. it won't take a motor drive, etc but very much the equal in everything that maters. Loved mine....
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jenkin View Post
    Nikkormat FTn...?

I had one - built like a tank. Okay it didn't have the pro accessory capabilities of the Nikon range - i.e. it won't take a motor drive, etc but very much the equal in everything that maters. Loved mine....
    I use an FtN all the time, it's my point & shoot. I like it better than the F in some ways, the mirror lockup and the self timer that raises the mirror as soon as the shutter release is pressed particularly. I use hearing aid cells, the meter is accurate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin