Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,427   Online: 798

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try checking out the think tank photo retrospective 5,10, or 20 models.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    If you don't want a bag that looks like a camera bag, there are boatloads of small military surplus bags here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/b...px?c=163&s=146

Most of these type items should be available at a local surplus store too.

I've used a WWII gas mask bag for years with a TLR. I don't mind the older green/grey ones; but I would feel a bit silly with a camo one.
    Yep, that's along the lines I was thinking. I just need to see if an insert if possible.
    The Crumpler 4 Million dollar bag seems nice tho too.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Yep, that's along the lines I was thinking. I just need to see if an insert if possible.
    The Crumpler 4 Million dollar bag seems nice tho too.
    A good quality bag designed for cameras will almost always be better protection. But it does advertise "camera". A thief is likely to steal first; then look closely at what's been stolen. I got the impression that you might be in locations where that might be an issue.

I've used a short length of heavy mailing tube for lenses and small cardboard boxes inside a bag with a flat bottom. Sounds tacky, but it works as long as it's just 2-3 items in the bag.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin