Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,154   Online: 861

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Looking for a street bag with fast access.

I'd like to find a small used or new canvas type of bag with fold over flap and shoulder sling for quick access when out street shooting. Contents will either be a M3 and 50 or any AF with single short lens. The smaller the better and I'd prefer no zipper. I've yet to hit an Army/Navy store, but their products might be along the lines of what I need. Any ideas for something that doesn't scream photographer and is small?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really like my Domke F-803 (IIRC) Waxwear bag...pretty subtle. Anything like it would do as well, I reckon.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a Domke F-6, and really like it. It may be a bit bigger than you need, but I usually keep a bottle of water in mine, so it looks more like a tote bag than a camera bag.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I'd like to find a small used or new canvas type of bag with fold over flap and shoulder sling for quick access when out street shooting. Contents will either be a M3 and 50 or any AF with single short lens. The smaller the better and I'd prefer no zipper. I've yet to hit an Army/Navy store, but their products might be along the lines of what I need. Any ideas for something that doesn't scream photographer and is small?
    There are a zillion bags like this on eBay. They aren't made for cameras specifically so you may need to alter or pad them to suit your needs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    There are a zillion bags like this on eBay. They aren't made for cameras specifically so you may need to alter or pad them to suit your needs.
    The problem is their on Ebay and it's hard to tell if they would work out, but I'm looking.
    Last edited by waynecrider; 08-23-2011 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recommend the Crumpler X Million Dollar Home series. I have the 7 and it's big enough to hold four lenses (up to 300mm) or flashes and an SLR+grip with 28-75/2.8 mounted. There are smaller versions (down to the two-lens you seek) of course, but I found the velcro/clipped top-flap style to be really convenient.

The only drawback is that you can load my large one up with ~10kg of gear which is bad for your back with the one-shoulder strap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You are talking about a small Domke. I use a small-ish one (F-3x)for my medium format kit (yes, it is tight!). I have a small one (F8) that I use for a small rangefinder. The other option is to just get a small messenger or army bag and put a Domke insert in it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Im a fan of the thinktank retrospect, it is what i have. The domke’s are also very nice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Domke F-10. It's a "bucket style" bag with zero to get in the way of loading/unloading gear. You should be able to easily take an M with lens attached, and up to two more lenses with no stuffing or stacking. Much more, if you do stuff/stack. The big front pocket will carry a lot of film. See my review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxB-WKiGPs

I don't demo an M setup in the vid, but I just tried it, and it would work well.

There are many other bag reviews on my channel, as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check out maxpedition.com. They have many different sizes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin