Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,964   Online: 1210

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

here's what I intended.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    I would go for price and functionality.
    Nikon: F. F2. F2AS. F3 F4. FE, FM, F100, FM3A, F90X
    Minolta: XD-11, SRT-101
    Leica: IIIf, M3
    Contax: IIa
    Olympus: OM-1, OM-1n, OM-2, OM-2n, OM-4Ti, Epic
    Hasselblad 500 CM
    Mamiya RB6X7 Pro S
    Mamiya 645
    Bronica: EC, EC-TL, SQ-Ai
    Canon: F-1, New F-1, A-1, EF
    Yashica: Electro 35 CSN, MG-1, FX-3, Lynx 14e
    This is a nice example of what I intended on this thread.... Everyone like some cameras, some other not, also a list with only one is well accepted.... Thanks....

Shooter
    35mm
    Check out this link -> Minolta-Canon-Nikon-Pentax SLRs

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a Praktica IV in 1963 In San francisco. It was stamped "USSR Occupied Germany" on the top. They were freely available then. Very roughly made.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    No camera collection could ever be considered complete without a fully working example of all the possible Sinar permutations ever produced (including an individual set up for each lens from the ranges of Schneider, Rodenstock and Nikkor).

Then, once that's complete, you should do the same with Linhof...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    That is a very cool camera. I could not read the text, however, I would like to ask if I can borrow it for...............let's say................infinity? Yes?

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm RF

granddady of crop-cams

Any collection should include the Olympus Pen FT half-frame SLR...

Shooter
    35mm

collectible cameras

Nikon made a camera, I think in the 70's, called a 35ti which supposedly had a lens that was spectacular, even better than the 28ti and cheaper. Don't know what kind of batteries it took though. For a starter on a collection, you might consider the Argus C 3 which was ahead of it's time.

DaveO

Shooter
    35mm
    The 35Ti is a rangefinder. I almost bought one, they are a great camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If the idea is to collect and not shoot, or only shoot once in awhile, don't waste your money. I see huge collections being sold off every year for less then the expense in collecting the items when the person dies, or upon insolvency for whatever reason to pay bills and eat. If you want to shoot analog and buy into a lineup that may increase in value, or at least maintain value, then that would probably be mint condition mechanical Leica M's, and probably Nikon rangefinders, but rangefinders are a whole different beast then a SLR for a photographer and not everybody takes to them. Truthfully, in collecting in photography, great lenses maintain their values better then bodies most of the time.
    Personally, instead of collecting cameras, collect memories of traveling to photograph. Get a camera that suits you and a couple of lenses and spend the rest of your money using it to photograph places you've always wanted to go to. It's not what you can put on a shelf and admire, it's the experiences of life that are more valuable.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    There are three cameras that really made a difference to the history of photography:

Graflex speed graphic
    Nikon f
    Hassleblad 6x6

Im not a fan of leicas or rollies, as they were mostly the toys of the rich, not artists.
    Leica and Rollei made their formats acceptable so that Nikon and Hassleblad could succeed. The cost of my Leica M4 and five lenses comes to a very few dollars a month when spread out over 40+ years of service. That's no rich boy's toy, but a much better investment for a photographer than today's DSLR.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin