Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,562   Online: 976

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm
    No such thing as an investment if you plan on using it, every time its off the shelf its subject to wear and chance of damage.
    true, its unlikely that todays dslr plastic blobs will be worth anything down the road, we've already seen what happens with AF 35mm slrs. A beat to death manual camera will bring more than a 90s AF slr.
    The saving grace with digital is that it medium is not in danger of being discontinued anytime soon and therefore destroying any value it has.
    Proper batteries for Nikon Fs etc is why the prices on them is staying low and F2's are staying up there, stop film production and all film cameras value will go through the floor overnight.

X. Phot.
    Collect original photographs. Not the tools that make them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Only cameras you like are required in a collection surely? If I had a particular dislike for Leicas, I should not feel compelled to collect them simply because they are "legendary". I agree with others though, it seems a shame to collect cameras which don't get used *at all*, so start with the ones you'd like to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by X. Phot. View Post
    Collect original photographs. Not the tools that make them.
    An excellent observation. A fine silver print is worth more than the camera that took it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    An excellent observation. A fine silver print is worth more than the camera that took it.
    A lot of truth in that statement, but equipment still holds people interest and fascination. I don't think its in the best interest of the hobby to discourage collecting.Its all part of it.
    Its a free market, if you to buy then buy, if you don't want to buy then don't, but don't criticize those who choose to collect cameras.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin