Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,487   Online: 815

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Wich cameras you think is necessary on a collection and why?

Hi again,

I discover the analog cameras world 2 years ago and I am going to have my little collection of cameras growing....
    So, a simple question, which is/are camera/s suggestable to have on a collection and why?
    35mm MF LF.... what you want....
    We're going to make an ideal perfect collection.....
    Bye

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Well, it's a good question and inevitably depends how much money you want to throw at it and how much space is available for it to occupy.
    I'm sure you'll have plenty of suggestions. I could come up with about twenty off the top of my head but I'll limit myself to one. You MUST have an example of a Pentax Spotmatic!
    Forget the arguments about who brought out the first SLR with TTL metering - the Spotty brought it to the masses - definitely the Ford Cortina of the camera world and, as such, deserving of a place in your collection!

anm
    Shooter
    35mm
    My advice would be to leave the cameras to those of us who want to take photographs, rather than have them collect dust in a collection!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are all perfect
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    box cameras ...
    because they are plentiful
    and because they are fun to use
    Last edited by jnanian; 08-25-2011 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

TBN
    Fredericks Harbour (Frederikshavn), Denmark
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica. They are mechanical jewels.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alpa 11si

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're trying to build what coin collectors call a "type collection," I would at least have these three 35mm SLRs: Canon AE-1 (a very successful mass-market auto-exposure 35mm), Pentax Spotmatic (any model), Nikon F (it's a Nikon F, it's a first on so many levels; google it). If you want to include auto focus, I'm not sure what model to suggest there, maybe one of the first Minolta Maxxum cameras (first successful mass-market AF 35mm)? Also these three 35mm rangefinders: Yashica Electro 35 GSN (it's pretty), Argus C3 (many people learned on this camera), and if you can budget it, a Leica M3 (first modern Leica).

There are other 35mm cameras that are worth including. I don't know enough about medium or large format to have a real opinion, but I would have a Speed Graphic and a twin-lens reflex. "Amateur" cameras are so numerous... maybe a 620 folder, a box brownie, a 110 camera? And a Polaroid Colorpack - there are so many models, pick one.

This would be a wide variety covering a large range of 20th century cameras. Many of these can be had for small amounts of money, especially if they don't work anymore.
    Last edited by rthomas; 08-25-2011 at 09:39 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Kept thinking of things to add...

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The perfect collection should include cameras that you shoot, if you aren't using it it isn't worth having. The only exceptions might be cameras that have been in the family for years and they no longer make film for.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin