Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,068   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The time consuming part is cleaning, the measuring and cutting take a minutes tops, all you need a metal ruler, a sharp blade, and a steady hand. Most seal widths range between 2mm (most surrounding door/body seals) and 5-6mm (most door hinge seals) in width. Working with your multiple cameras its easy to slice up a few long lengths (that run the entire length of the foam piece) of each, then individually part them out to the required lengths as you go down the list of cameras.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I find it pretty simple to cook a good meal from fresh ingredients. Many people prefer ready-to-serve meals. When it comes to bricolage I am a convenience food lover :-)
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    The time consuming part is cleaning, the measuring and cutting take a minutes tops, all you need a metal ruler, a sharp blade, and a steady hand. Most seal widths range between 2mm (most surrounding door/body seals) and 5-6mm (most door hinge seals) in width. Working with your multiple cameras its easy to slice up a few long lengths (that run the entire length of the foam piece) of each, then individually part them out to the required lengths as you go down the list of cameras.
    Amen. It's really just that simple, kids. Sheet foam/felt is about a buck/8x10 sheet--that's a lot of practice material!

I just did a couple of NOS Mamiya RB67 ProS backs whose foam had either gone or was going fast after years in boxes. Removal and clean-up require time and care but the cutting and fitting of new foam was very straightforward.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for responding; I have ordered the kit off eBay and am going to give it a go.

Shooter
    35mm
    Once I find out what the foam size/density is, I'll get my own I probably should redo about half of my cameras that would be a couple dozen kits...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get a package of bamboo skewers too, they're stronger than about anything else you clean the grooves with.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin