Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,308   Online: 826

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei 35 Focusing Help

Just picked up a nice Rollei 35 LED, but I have no idea how to focus the thing. Based on my knowledge of scale focusing, the dots along the distance scale match up to the range of various f-stops. On this camera however it just has..dots.

As far as I can figure the line relates to f3.5, but I have no idea about the rest. Any help appreciated!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    looks to me like those numbers on the front of the lens are both meters and feet with the feet marked in red

Shooter
    35mm
    You are correct, the red is in feet and the white is in meters. I guess I should have been more clear, the very front ring with the distance number and the ring with the aperture numbers move. The part with the line and dots does not move.

For instance on this other lens, I would say (and hopefully be correct) that at f8 everything between 15ft and 8ft would be in focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The dots are for f8 and f16. Likely calibrated for a 4x6" print. If you are going to do some big enlargements that might be viewed closely then I'd use the close marks as f11 or f16.

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try it out this week, I'm thinking I probably shouldn't have sold my meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have that same camera. I have worked with the meter a little, but between the three trimmer resistors, can't seem to get it to read correctly in all light situations. Due to manufacturing tolerances and or wear, the back does not fit perfectly and this allows some light leaks. I use some black tape over the joint at the film-take-up spool side of the camera. You might want to check this in bright sun with a short roll of film. There is no foam seal or felt seal there to replace.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin