Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,724   Online: 774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool lens collection, Duncan!

Yes, the f/4 max aperture made me avoid the FD 17mm f/4 for decades. I often used the 20mm f/2.8 hand held indoors at 800 EI where an extra stop down would have made the 17mm less useful.

But then I bought the 17-40mm f/4L in EF mount so go figure; I don't use it indoors handheld obviously though with 3200 EI it would probably work. The lens is a bit squishy in the corners until you stop it down a lot, vignetting too but I still like it and use it a lot on my EOS cameras. Great color and contrast and very sharp if stopped down.

I have a Peleng 8mm f/3.5 circular fisheye which I can use on FD or EF mount. It is fun but I don't use it much.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I ended up buying the Tokina RMC 17mm 3.5 (Vivitar rebranded) on eBay. It's much cheaper than the FD 17mm f4, half a stop brighter and conveniently takes 62mm filters. It is reported to be a very good lens optically, I'll find out if that's true soon. Thanks for your suggestions everyone!
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The FD 17mm lens Jeff is a semi-fisheye that produces curvo-linear perspective which is why I bought the FD 20mm f2.8 as an ultra wide lens in preferance , the Tamron SP is also a recto-linear lens that produces more conventional ultra wide angle images .
    Might be right but I do have the 15 fisheye!

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin