Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 799

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate Voltage View Post
    That K1000 was definitely a bad experience. Let me put it this way: when I took up photography on my own a year or two after that comm tech course, I wasn't interested in going out and buying a K1000 for my own personal use. Consequently, for a number of reasons, I ended up buying a Canon FD mount camera and built a system around that.

And the Canons have DOF preview...
    Speaking of omitted features from the K1000, if I remember correctly, I don't think the K1000 has a shutter lock. I'm pretty sure the shutter release is live as soon as the film's advanced to the next frame.
    Many Pentaxes have DOF preview too. The K1000 was an entry camera and many such didn't, from many makers.

My LX has a shutter lock. Annoys me a lot too. I've lost several shots when it got activated and I didn't know it or mean for it to be on. Wish it wasn't even there and never missed it on any other camera. YMMV, but I'm a "do not put finger on the trigger until ready to fire" kind of guy anyway. ;-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have to agree on the K1000. I've picked up a few but never felt the need to put film through them. Compared to the spotmatic it does not seem as well built. And compared to a MX or ME Super, it feels big and clumsy.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The K1000 was intended as an introductory camera though it's fair to point out that the earlier, Japan-made ones are generally a lot better built than later ones. Still, they're all manual, all mechanical except the meter, and relatively rugged. What they are not is particularly refined. They are certainly not an MX. If you want to compare manual Pentaxes to a top of the line manual 35mm of other makes, then it should be an MX, for comparison of full featured models with auto exposure, the LX compares to other pro grade cameras. (I just wish it had exposure memory lock, the one glaring omission on an otherwise superb camera.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All APS film camera......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a Canon Sure Shot WP-1 off eBay with the intention of using it on float trips and rainy campouts. It worked for about half a roll before it stopped advancing the film. It wouldn't rewind what I already took so I had to pop open the back and ruin the only test pictures I had. I replaced the battery but it couldn't even start winding a fresh roll. It tried but it sounded like either a motor was worn out of a gear was stripped. Somewhere along the way I also broke one of the latches on the door. I've got a lot of old cameras sitting around on shelves that don't work, but that was the only one I've ever thrown away....

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a waterproof Canon (I keep thinking it's model number is A1) which did pretty good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been unhappy with abut half the camera bodies I got on fleabay. Now I get most of my gear at KEH.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most disappointing camera: a Topcon Super D bought on ebay. It was defective. The seller took it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    I have been unhappy with abut half the camera bodies I got on fleabay. Now I get most of my gear at KEH.
    Usally KEH is pretty good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format

My Most Disappointing camera purchase was a Yashica T-4, here's why...

My last purchase was an Olympus XA w an A16 Flash,
    which replaces a Yashica T-4, which despite the
    superior Zeiss lens, I could not produce the quality
    of the results I wanted, because of the limitation of
    the film DX Coding, without a Manual Overide.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin