Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,154   Online: 1037

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1822232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    ... forced into it because of bad buyers.
    I used to wonder how bad sellers stayed in business.

Then it hit me: they are in business so bad buyers have somewhere to shop...

Me, I'm only too happy to steer PITA potential customers to to another firm: "You don't really want an f-stop timer: I can tell you are smart enough to see through all the hype; you should get one of those really great Beseler digital timers, you will be much happier [because I sure will be]."
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    You missed the point.
    The point is sellers are selling good equipment as parts because buyers will complain about non existant issues.
    I was booted from a forum that had members out in the open discussing strategies to harass and defraud honest sellers. When I pointed out what they were doing was illegal and against ebay TOU they turned against me. But not before I alerted the sellers they were plotting against with links to the posts.
    People will get in over their head with a purchase (new or used ebay or not) and blame the seller, the don't read instructions, they don't read descriptions, they don't understand TOU etc. Buyers will buy something listed with known faults and expect the seller to pay for the repair after they buy it.
    I was a power seller on ebay a couple years ago, I rather throw stuff out than sell on ebay right now. Meg @#$%man screwed up ebay and lost a ton of sellers and buyers.

The BAD BUYERS are looking for freebies through any means legal or not.there are bad sellers too, but bad buyers abound.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a confession re taking a risk, sorry if it is a digression, but I saw posted on Craigslist a camera that was my dream camera for a great price in a town 1000 miles from where I live, the seller posted his phone number, I googled the phone number and it led to a listing for his company (a contractor). I then looked on the BBB and Angie's list what folks thought of his company. Then after seeing such high praise for him, I called him, offered to pay listed price for camera, and $25 for shipping with insur. I got my dream camera for way under ebay. I paid him using paypal (NOT GIFT) and I have been so proud of how I got my dream camera, that works great, as he assured me it would, when talking to him over the phone....I dont know why I post this, except to say there are good folks out there, but do your homework if you want to take a risk I guess! I took the risk and won, but I was insured from bad (i.e. papypal refund on non-gift payments, etc)....

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes there are good people out there, the problem is they are out numbered by schmucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Yes there are good people out there, the problem is they are out numbered by schmucks.
    I think this sometimes, too. But I always come back to the conclusion that it isn't actually true.

The good folks really do outnumber the schmucks. The problem is that the schmucks are always willing to get in your face and bother you. The good folks just want to let bygones be bygones.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I think this sometimes, too. But I always come back to the conclusion that it isn't actually true.

The good folks really do outnumber the schmucks. The problem is that the schmucks are always willing to get in your face and bother you. The good folks just want to let bygones be bygones.
    I have to agree. The schmucks are always out there pushing their schmuckness.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Damn Schmucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They can go schmuck themselves!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    They can go schmuck themselves!
    Schmuckin' ey!

Shooter
    35mm
    you guys are out of control

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin