Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,830   Online: 951

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon G12, Panasonic GF2... and maybe Yashica GSN...

two digitals - G12 shutter was more point and shoot than semi-pro camera it was touted as. The panasonic images were just sharp and noisy as hell ("grainy", to translate into analog terms... But really really ugly grain).

The Yashica Electro 35 GSN - not what I hoped for - cheap feeling, clunky action. Occasional good exposures, but mostly strange. Still waiting for a CLA'ed Yashica to return to verify these impressions. It did catapult me into Canon P and Canon VI-L angefinders, though...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F.

Did my best to find a nice one, found a repainted and really clean finder for it, hooked it up with a clean lens... and wondered what it had over my Nikkormat FTn's.

Short answer: nothing.

Sold the Nikon F, kept the Nikkormats.
    Johan Niels Kuiper, www.johanniels.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There have been four cameras that have disappointed me, the first was a Nikon F601, it had a great metering but felt so much heavier than the Pentax Mz10 I traded for it, I hardly noticed the difference in AF speed so swapped back. In hindsight though I do not think it was that bad. The next one that disappointed was the Nikon D200 it never auto focused well with most of the lenses I had, but oddly worked perfectly with a friends lenses so they gave me cash and a D80 in exchange and everyone was happy. I then for some daft reason exchanged the Nikons (and Fuji S3) for a Canon 5d and a 1000d, I did not like it at all so after giving it enough time to get used to its different ergo I sold it all and bought a Fuji GS645s and another Nikon and a shed load of Polaroid film. I sold the last camera that I did not enjoy a Bronica ETR-s just felt far to heavy for the film size, I have a health condition that makes the weight of a camera important. So I sold it on and bought a Fuji STX1n with 55mm 1.6 and put the remaining cash towards my MA fees.
    Now I could have kept the Bronica if I was using it in the studio but the project I wanted to do was urban to do with globalisation. I have overall realised I don't really get as much pleasure using auto focus cameras, so I will not bother with a film AF camera as there are just too many fantastic MF cameras to use. Besides after my wife bought me a Yashica mat I do not majorly desire to get any more unless they are a pound, money is better spent on film and paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    First time I have read this thread so decided to go through all 30 pages. I got to P27 until I found a qualified criticism of the F5 but as far as I can see no mention of any disappontment with the P645N or the F6.

So we have at least two good cameras(F6 and P645N) and one thats OK for slides(F5) but underexposes colour neg and presumably on that basis B&W but presumably there's an easy workaround for the F5.

Oh and another one that hasn't disappointed is the F100 which seems to be echoed in sentiments expressed in the F100 v F5 thread.

So some positives in the Nikon and Pentax range at least

pentaxuser

Shooter
    127 Format
    Good logic. Based on that my 1951 Kodak Brownie Hawkeye must be a tremendous camera since it has no registered disappointments either - nor my 1964 Kodak Instamatic 104 !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Same here.

Jeff

Ditto....

Every camera has it's own issues but none I would consider having been a disappointment unless it simply didn't work.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Minolta X-700. Bought and pitched 2(one NOS) within 18 months recently after they crapped out. Baked-in problem with bum electronics that doomed many of what was once Minolta's manual focus flagship to premature deaths. Yeah, they can be fixed but ask, as the soldering iron heats up, why the Nikon FE or F3(both born around the same time)are still shooting away today?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Good logic. Based on that my 1951 Kodak Brownie Hawkeye must be a tremendous camera since it has no registered disappointments either - nor my 1964 Kodak Instamatic 104 !
    True but there might just be a few more users of F100s, P645N and F6s on APUG than the cameras you have.

Might as well add all 4x5s and 8x10s to the list. No one seems to have been disappointed with those either

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With me it has to be the Pentax ME. Honestly it's disappointment born out of frustration. It just felt a little too small and what really got to me was loading film. Never got the hang ofthe ' magic fingers' slots,it was a fight to load it every time for me.And I will admit the only reason I never wanted an LX was the same d&*@# fingers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    True but there might just be a few more users of F100s, P645N and F6s on APUG than the cameras you have.
    In the case of the F6, not too many more users I suspect.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin