Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,747   Online: 977

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you all.

I no longer want a Leica M3.

I'll shoot with what I have

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canham 45 DLC.... It was great at first, but living in MN, the camera would not lock up tight in the winter! I would set up a shot, go to put in the film holder and just opening the back to insert the film holder and the tension of the spring on the film back gate would cause the rear standard to move out of whack! Not was I was expecting for what was supposed to be a solid camera.... I sold it for a Chamonix and had change for an additional lens!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frontdrive34 View Post
    Oh for me it is a Seagull TLR. I liked the shots I got from it but the shutter died after a few rolls from almost new!
    Same thing happened to me with a Seagull TLR. Total junk, which was too bad because the lens on mine (the 4 element lens) was SUPER SHARP.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    never really had a camera that disappointed me ..
    I think I am more likely to disappoint my cameras.

Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love it, but could you imagine the feel of the camera with a metal body? Droooool
    thing would be heavier than a brick if you replaced all the plastic with metal. That being said I can third the off-set tripod mount and it being annoying. Quick plate and a dremel fixed that real quick though!

Shooter
    35mm
    Voigtlander R3A. The shutter jammed twice within a couple of weeks. I'll stick to the Leicas. I do agree about the cult thing however. Similar to the Apple religion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksond View Post
    Similar to the Apple religion.
    I was thinking of just this earlier.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like take pictures more with Nikon F3 than with my Leica cameras - but I think this is mainly because I prefer SLR over rangefinders. Is there anyone who has bad disappointing opinion about Leicas but likes and uses rangefinders, and prefer rangefinders over SLR?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Horizon 202. Noise, flare, distortion, uneven exposure, hilarious midget filter set. Sold it after a few months. Good for a few laughs and scaring a few tourists.

Don't like to pour any more fuel on the anti Leica M fire as it gets some people a bit red-cheeked but I have never really warmed to my M6. Least favourite of my 35mm cameras after F4, OM1 and XPan. Probably more like disinterested than disappointed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksond View Post
    I do agree about the cult thing however. Similar to the Apple religion.
    It is interesting that you compare the Leica and Apple cults -- Steve Jobs compared the iPhone 4 to a Leica when he introduced the former.

(Actually, I use Apple products and like them, but I agree that the cult surrounding them is both annoying and helps keep the prices high.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin