Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,084   Online: 917

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

What do you guys prefer a Leica M3 or a Nikon F?

Which one do you think is a better camera overall. If you had to pick one for a trip.
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What kind of a trip?

The Nikon would be way more versatile due to the entire system but if you needed to travel light may not be the right answer.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A lot depends upon what glass you have for each. If you have a good 50mm and say a great 25mm with a bright line finder for her I'd say Leica. If you have a kit for the Nikon wroth say a 28/2.8 AIs, 85/1.8, 300/4.5 ED-IF then that might be my choice.

Depends on your style, what you want to shoot, and what you got. Both cameras rock and do not need backup. Either kit would serve you well but I'm not sure what glass you have. I would be fine wroth either, not sure about others.

B2

Shooter
    35mm
    You can travel much lighter and smaller with the Pentax MX - here shown with the Takumar fisheye. Wait till you see the biggest full display viewfinder in any SLR!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would choose whichever one I felt most comfortable with and whichever one I was most confident would survive the trip.

put another way...what camera does not matter anywhere near as much as who is using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I say, pick the one you are most comfortable with, it will the be the one you will get the best images with.

Some people may say choose the one that would be more rugged, and be easiest and quickest to repair, so incase something does go wrong, you can be back in action quickly.

Some may say to choose the least flashiest, expensive cameras are a target in many countries. You cant take any photos if you dont have a camera, or worse injured if mugged.

Or just bring both, its good to have a backup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bring the m3 with only the 50mm lens ..
    have fun
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a bit like comparing Apples n' Oranges; rangefinder Leica vs the SLR Nikon.
    Budget, and personal preferences aside, if you're unfamiliar to either camera,
    then neither would be my first choice for you.
    Maybe a camera in the point n' shoot category would suit you better for a trip,
    which could tip the favor to the rangefinder Leica, for the purpose of answering your question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For a trip; I'd take the Leica with a 50mm lens
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everybody has favorite combination , here is mine: Leica M3 + 50mm and Nikon F(3) + 105mm.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin