Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,781   Online: 1040

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

DOF Cards for Minolta 7000i?

Can anyone clue me in on how these exactly work. Is it a readout thing or does it actually stop the lens down?

In the same line, if you've shot the camera what did you think about it. I was given one and am unsure whether I should invest any time and money in it. The 7000i viewfinder is so big compared to my Maxxum 70 that I can practically see to focus without my glasses. Is there another body with the same size screen but with DOF preview available in a non-chintzy plastic for a reasonable price?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an 8000i which I bought last year. It is very similar to the 7000i. It came with 10 cards but to be honest I have never used any of them. I like the size and weight of the camera and the features it has even without the cards. If you look at the manual at Butkus.org there should be an explanation of how to use the cards in it. Hope that helps a little.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up. After further investigation the cards look to be more oriented towards amateurs as the camera dictates the settings. Since I'm very conscious of my strong apertures on whatever lens thru testing, it really won't work for me.
    W.A. Crider

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin