Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,591   Online: 1115

Shooter
    35mm

Lens stuck on a newly purchased canon A-1

having bought a almost pristine A-1, i was soooo excited when i received it in my box. what the seller failed to mention or the a horrible plane ride the lens mount on the lens bent! i cant get the damn thing off and the lens looks salvageable and the camera's mount seems fine....any ideas of how to take it off?
    ive already tried unscrewing every screw i can find to somehow take it off but the sigma lens almost has no exposed screws.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0338.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like the bayonet equivalent of cross-threaded -- I'd be inclined to send it back.

Shooter
    35mm
    GOT THE LENS OFF WITHOUT BREAKING ANYTHING!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a dof preview button on the body on the left side near the bottom of the lens,this must be unlocked to mount or unmount a lens. The button is in the slide switch, push it in and slide the switch to the left side(awayfrom lens) of the camera(when facing the rear as you would look thru the finder). It's the switch in the forground of your pic, right next to the place on the lens that's cocked out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin