Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,192   Online: 960

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    It is an SMC 50mm 1.2, I decided not to go back and check it out (about a 30 min drive). if it's still there next time I visit the store, I might make a lowball offer Thanks guys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Plus... If it is still there when you go back, you have another plank to bargain on: It's been there three months with no buyers.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I recently had to take my SMC 50mm f1.2 apart for fungus on several of the internal elements. It's not difficult, though there is a trick to removing the front element assembly should you need to. Email me for details if you should buy it and need them.

Living in warm, damp south west England, fungus in lenses and on slides is a way of life. As has been said dismantling fixed focal length Pentax lenses isn't too hard, though it sometimes necessitates making up some simple tools. The business of fungus affecting the glass permanently is IMHO much over-stated. I use carbon tetrachloride as both a cleaner and Killer, not forgetting to wipe every part of the lens before reassembly. The price seems pretty excessive for a lens with a known problem, but in view of the extent of the problem as I read it, are you sure it's mould/fungus and not coffee/beer/Coke that someone's spilled on it?

Cheers,

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dunno, there's also a body involved, Which one? beats me. At $150 it's not a bad deal even if you have to spend another $50-$75 to clean it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    To be honest I don't remember what the body was, it was probably an ME Super or K1000...something like that. It did have a digital back on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin