Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,326   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I ain't asking how to work the thing or how to do a hybrid workflow with it, such as people in posts related to scanning.

Besides, it ain't a proper declaration without trumpets anyhow.

I simply found it odd, considering the normal outlooks on the durability of old cameras vs. new cameras, that I have killed or damaged several old cameras with far less than I have done to the new one. I would have expected the new one to have been one of the first to bite it, while my old ones would survive a nuclear blast. Not so in my case.
    Share that with our Buddies over @ DPUG !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have NEVER been able to incapacitate any of my F series Nikons. With the exception of an F2 body, which I will soon attempt to refoam, my only expenditure on these beasts has been for CLAs. Some are dented, several are brassed, but none have ever failed me. These cameras have been used (without any modification) in temperatures ranging from +45C to - 40C without problem. Further, I have yet to regear any of the MD2 drives. I cannot imagine using anything else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    My Topcon D refuses to die despite years of rough treatment - build like brick ****house.
    - Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a Yashica 635 TLR that is still 100% operational. It has been rained on, had hundreds of rolls cranked through it, and once it literally fell off the roof of a car moving at about 25 mph (I just forgot it was up there when I was loading the car). It's never had any maintenance done other than regular use, and a quick visit to the repair shop to have it checked out after the fall (the repair tech didn't find anything wrong with it). So that's my unbreakable camera!

I've also never been able to break a Nikon F or FM2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For my it is a pair of 120 bakelite cameras. So simple onless the shutter spring breaks they will go on forever. Also, have recently oicked up a Ashahi S1a that I think will last forever. If it has leasted this long and the shutter speeds still seem right on, I suspect it will outlast me. Same with my Leica CL except for maybe the meter though,my meter is spot on. I do not the same faith in my Bronica with the electrics though historically they seem to all but never breakdown. Leaf shutter cameras don't make it. Almost everyone of them eventually need shutter work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was my dad's Nikkormat FTn. I don't use it so much any more, but before being used constantly by me as a teenager, it was used by my sister as a teenager. If that's enough for you, nearly 20 years ago, it survive a swim in the ocean. It still has salt stains on the shutter curtains, but it has never worked any less than perfectly.

I now have another indestructible camera, the RB67. When we have nothing better to do, my dad and I debate which we would rather be cornered in a dark alley with, the RB for it's brute force, or the Nikkormat for it's better maneuverability.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Rolleiflex 2.8 that has lasted a long time.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Argus C3

Kodak Instamatic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My grandfathers chinon something. Never ever dies. Has probably had more kodachromes ran thru it than anybody would dream about. Meter is spot on, the shutter speeds intact, the self release isn't even struggling.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had a Canon EOS3 which I gave to my then girlfriend as I began converting another soul to the darkslide. It had travelled around Europe many a times, to Mexico, Canada, and so many Alaskan fishing trips that it always amazed me when it fired perfect at all speeds.

...within 30 seconds--literally--of giving it to her, she dropped it shattering the lens and breaking the autofocus contacts. So it goes....
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin