Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,414   Online: 778

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it depends upon what you will be photographing and in particular if you will need to focus it in low light. Whilst the slower lens is better quality around the edges at low apertures, it is much easier to focus the f2 model in poor lighting. I use mine exclusivly for interior shots (as I use my Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AIS lens). Having soft edges is not always a negative attribute - it can be creativly used to focus the viewer's attention on a key subject in the photograph. If you ever venture into large format photography, wide angle lenses usually require a centre filter to avoid the fall-off in lighting around the edges of an image - however these filters are optional. If you are photographing a subject that needs even illumination in the print, then you can add the filter, but by not using the centre filter you can draw the viewer's attention to a key part of your final print. If you think of the Nikkor 24mm f2 in this way, it might help.

Ideally, I'd buy BOTH.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the f/2.8 too.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i will buy the f2.8 as one can use faster film, and its less than 1 stop anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    When you guys say 24/2.8 do you mean the AF-D version or AI-S?
    Is there a noticeable difference in performance between those versions apart from ease of focusing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin