Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,662   Online: 1147

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    While I do appreciate quiet cameras, I was thinking the other day about the times people have said something to me while doing street photography (which I'm quite bad at ). Anyway, it was never because of the sound of the camera and always because they saw me raise a camera to my eye. Your mileage may vary of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Anyway, it was never because of the sound of the camera and always because they saw me raise a camera to my eye. Your mileage may vary of course.
    A classic remedy for that is to use a camera with a waist level finder.

A Rolleiflex TLR, Exakta, Nikon F(x) and other interchangeable prism cameras can do that for you.
    (I won't mention my beloved Rolleiflex 3003)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Absolutely. Was just pointing out that it's not always (or even usually) the sound.

I've always wanted to try out a 3003.

Shooter
    35mm
    I know my else 50d is loud compared to most cameras. Once I got my Elan IIe I was so surprised how quiet it was. It felt like shooting with a Nikon dslr. Id say go with the Elan. It's a great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    I think after all this I'll just continue on with my 1N and be happy. Though I think I'll add a 28mm to my lineup. But I do love the discussion and I appreciate every time someone offers an opinion.

Someday I'd like to have a Contax G2 system (Or rather ideally a Leica, but that's way down the road)

So the true answer is: Technique > Gear

That last line is very true. Knowledge, technique/skill comes first, absolutely. Armed with that, you can do anything with any gear you come across. It all boils down to knowledge and technique. I can do with much lesser cameras what I have been doing for years with the EOS 1N!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's nothing like the feeling of being happy with what you already have .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Amen.

Though I'm never unhappy with my gear, I'm always on the hunt for something new. Sometimes I just have to force myself to knock it off and just shoot lol.

G.A.S.... It's an affliction.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    Amen.

Though I'm never unhappy with my gear, I'm always on the hunt for something new. Sometimes I just have to force myself to knock it off and just shoot lol.

G.A.S.... It's an affliction.
    I know Abram, I've been there and have the T shirt, but have eventually arrived at the realization that what prevents me from being a wonderful photographer isn't my lack of equipment, but ability
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I was going to post something here about marriage, but I thought better of it
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin